[Q] Help with this new tablet, any hacks, roms, ? Impression 10 from leaders

OP boklos

2nd July 2011, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
This is a new ipad2 imitation, i'm interested but need community support please:

it is on HSN, these are the specs :

Specs

Model #:
i10-h
Operating System:
Google Android 2.2
Processor:
Samsung A8 Cortex 1GHz
Display:
9.7"; 1024 x 768 resolution; 4:3 aspect ratio
Dynamic RAM:
512MB DDR
Memory Storage:
4GB built-in
Memory Expansion:
microSD card slot
Wireless Networking:
802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1
Ports:
(1) HDMI output
(2) USB 2.0
(1) 3.5mm earphone jack
Battery:
Lithium-ion 6800 mAh
Measurements:
Approx. 9.64"L x 7.55"W x 0.47"H
Weight:
Approx. 0.8 lb.
Listing:
UL
Country of Origin:
China
4th September 2011, 03:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
More
I can not vouch for other methods but I have rooted this tablet with SuperOneClick ver. 2.1.1. If you leave "Exploit" on "auto" and click "root" you will be pleasantly surprised. Took me two tries, but if you turn on usb debugging in settings and leave the screen timeout on 30min your golden. Happy rooting.... I'm also uploading a google apps zip file. I unzipped it and installed all the files in the corresponding places to get a working Android Market. I used Android Commander to move the files & install apk's. *NOTE* You need to install the apps in the "/sysem/app" folder in this order...

1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
3. SetupWizard.apk
4. Talk.apk
5. Vending.apk
6. Gmail.apk
7. Maps.apk

After... Restart, Connect to wifi, and launch Market. You will be prompted to sign in to google. Then you will see Market License blah blah blah...

*Use the attached zip not the one at the following link* But use this link as a guide if you need it... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209

Have fun.

*Zip File Link*
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8...ression_10.zip

****THIS METHOD WORKED FOR MY IMPRESSION 10 MODEL # i10-50, but UNTESTED by me on other models****

***EDIT*** Sorry guys... you were unlucky because I forgot something crucial.... THE DARN ADB DRIVER.... You will need to go into the device manager and right click the "Android" device with exclamation mark & click update driver. Search for the driver and point the installer to this folder should work on 32 & 64 bit if my edits are correct... Tested on 64 bit Windows 7.

DRIVER
http://www.mediafire.com/?lzrwj65da0c5c63

Also when you install those "/system/app" files above use Android Commanders "Installer" and install them one at a time in the order above. AND AFTER YOU RESTART USE LAUNCHER AND NOT SETUP OR YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE YOUR WIFI.
Last edited by Moto Mouth; 22nd August 2013 at 11:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moto Mouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2011, 02:55 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
I tried both methods,

SuperOneClick and Gingerbreak both did not work.

The table is running android 2.3.1.
6th September 2011, 06:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkastocks

I tried both methods,

SuperOneClick and Gingerbreak both did not work.

The table is running android 2.3.1.

Do you have usb debugging turned on, and did you use the latest version of SuperOneClick. For me it stalled when my screen timeout was to short and locked me out of my tablet when the screen cut off. Second time around it looked like it was going to fail, stalled and then prompted me to ok the install of busybox... etc etc. I am also running android 2.3.1 and it worked for me. Just have to keep trying till you get it.

PIC's...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5624/44983779.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3019/68779107.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7827/42856323.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3149/44013908.jpg

Remember i'm running a i10-50, but the pictures speak for themselves. SU, Market...
6th September 2011, 06:25 PM   |  #5  

1 posts
Fails
I've also tried this on my husband's Impression 10 - same model i10-50. Can you give some details of how you rooted? What programs did you use besides Android Commander and SuperOneClick 2.2.1? Any help would be appreciated.
8th September 2011, 08:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
i just got an impression 10 as well. i10-50 model with android 2.3.1. im interested in more in depth info on rooting it as well. i tried updating firmware from the page it gives from the box. instructions to download the system.img file from the impression site. but i am not sure how long it takes? when i loaded the file on sd card and restarted (power+vol-) one time it stayed on the blue screen with the white status bar for like over a half hour. i thought it froze and restarted. when i tried it another few times the blue screen disapeared and i got a screen full of multi colored lines all down it. when i reseted.you could still faintly see those lines even when its running normaly. its faintly in background and you can see it more on certain pages or folders u open. my first tablet and i wish there was more info on it. any clue what im doing wrong?
9th September 2011, 03:21 AM   |  #7  

6 posts
dude i do customer suport forthis tablet, as u may know by now............it sux
9th September 2011, 03:41 AM   |  #8  

6 posts
Angry leader Impression I10-50 firmware update
In order for the firmware update to be completed successfully, u need to first format your sd card via sd card reader or your tablet as follows:

Plug in the tablet via usb to your PC or load your card reader with sd card

Then select and left click whatever removable disk drive your tablet shows up

Select format and make sure the file system is set at FAT32

Select start, your sd card should begin formating.

Once complete, then u follow the 13 steps, but since you have already started step 1-13, just press your -volume and power buttons at the same time (steps 11 and 12 again) and it should update your tab. Be sure to do it twice as far as the volume and power button go so the update completes successfully.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dutty Panamanian79 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2011, 02:50 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dallas

12 posts
More
I cannot seem to get this thing to root....tried the above with the external sd unmounted and then removed. Followed the instruction on the gtab post. All I can see is the external sd card. It did install superuser. Without the sd it gets stuck at Step 6.
Last edited by StephenMC; 10th September 2011 at 02:56 PM.
11th September 2011, 01:59 AM   |  #10  
Flag Dallas

12 posts
More
It took awhile....but switched to EZ File Explorer. And I was able to see the internal sd and copy the files Then was able to install the market! Life is good!
Last edited by StephenMC; 11th September 2011 at 02:26 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9.7", android 2.2, ipad2, ips capacitive screen, samsung cortex a8
Previous Thread Next Thread