Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 53,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help required. Cant Root MTK6589 chinese device after failed partition resize.

Tip us?

HNaseer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help required. Cant Root MTK6589 chinese device after failed partition resize.

Hello All,

First the device specs.

Device: QMobile A900 MTK6589 dual sim chinese device.
ROM: 4GB

Now the Problem

I am also facing this problem after attempting to re-size the partition using meteos mtk6589 rom edit apk and then did clear eMMC / Factory Reset using stock recovery (i think it formatted /data partition etc) .... Although my phone is still working properly without any issue, i am unable to root or install CWM by any means (tried mtk mobileuncle tools, tried spflash tool) but not working.

First, i tried to root using RootMaster vRoot, motochopper run.bat but failed. It did however installed SuperSU but when i start it says binary needs to be updated. I continue but it fails to update. I used RootChecker app to check the possible root but it says device is not rooted. I searched xda-forums and googled for a solution but couldnt find any. One person stated using Format whole flash to reset the partition table but i haven't done that worrying my phone will brick.

Secondly, i tried flashing cwm recovery using spflash tool (with new scatter file generated with MTKDroidTools). After flashing, it says All OK and shows green circle, however, when i reboot in to recovery, i get stock recovery and no CMW.

Please help me how to root my device and install cwm as i am unable to revert to my old backup taken with cwmr.

Regards.

HNaseer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please some one ???

HNaseer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Anybody care to help pl? :banghead:

HNaseer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still waiting for xda experts replies ....