[Q] Help with simple Android to Mac Folder Sync

OP w1ndhawk

26th August 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

79 posts
Hey guys,

I recently switched to a Mac and I am having a hard time performing a simple one way folder to folder sync from my Nexus 5 to Mac. On Windows, I would use a software called SyncToy which allowed me to select the folder(s) from and to which I wanted to sync and it would do the rest of the work. It was simple and elegant.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any similar solution for the Mac even after a lot of Googling. I have tried using the Android File Transfer program. However, if I want to copy from one folder to the other and it finds duplicates, it only gives me the 'Skip' option. Since there is no 'Skip All' option this means I will have to click as many times as there are duplicates.

An program called CheetahSync exists but this program requires a WiFi connection and the sync cannot be performed using USB.

Aside from this topic, what is the directory path of the folders in my phone, when I connect it to my Mac? For example, in Windows the path of any folder in my Nexus 5 would be "Nexus 5/Camera/...".

Any help is appreciated. I am sure there are users out there who are using Android + Mac.

Thanks.
Last edited by w1ndhawk; 26th August 2014 at 10:44 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread