Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help Soft brick fixed replacement on it's way already.

OP arbyn

3rd September 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
So I somehow soft bricked my SGS4, think I unistalled something I shouldn't have with Titanuim backup. Contacted T-mobile and am receiving a new phone under my warranty for just the 5 dollar processing fee. Knowing I was getting another phone I figured I'd try to fix the one I had. Went into download mode and fixed it. What do I do now ? I don't want to be billed for the whole phone price. Also a known issue before the soft brick was my sd card wasn't being recognized. So even though my old phone is technically fixed from the issue I reported to get the replacement, the sd card still isn't functioning so it's still broke essentially.
3rd September 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 591

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyn

So I somehow soft bricked my SGS4, think I unistalled something I shouldn't have with Titanuim backup. Contacted T-mobile and am receiving a new phone under my warranty for just the 5 dollar processing fee. Knowing I was getting another phone I figured I'd try to fix the one I had. Went into download mode and fixed it. What do I do now ? I don't want to be billed for the whole phone price. Also a known issue before the soft brick was my sd card wasn't being recognized. So even though my old phone is technically fixed from the issue I reported to get the replacement, the sd card still isn't functioning so it's still broke essentially.

I'm having trouble seeing the issue here...? The SD card wasn't being read, you soft bricked it messing around, ordered a new phone, fixed the 1st phone's soft brick and the SD card still isn't being read. So if that is right, then what is the problem with returning the first phone since it was not working properly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sgs4, soft brick, tmobile
Previous Thread Next Thread