Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,955 Members 52,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Soft brick fixed replacement on it's way already.

Tip us?

arbyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help Soft brick fixed replacement on it's way already.

So I somehow soft bricked my SGS4, think I unistalled something I shouldn't have with Titanuim backup. Contacted T-mobile and am receiving a new phone under my warranty for just the 5 dollar processing fee. Knowing I was getting another phone I figured I'd try to fix the one I had. Went into download mode and fixed it. What do I do now ? I don't want to be billed for the whole phone price. Also a known issue before the soft brick was my sd card wasn't being recognized. So even though my old phone is technically fixed from the issue I reported to get the replacement, the sd card still isn't functioning so it's still broke essentially.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyn View Post
So I somehow soft bricked my SGS4, think I unistalled something I shouldn't have with Titanuim backup. Contacted T-mobile and am receiving a new phone under my warranty for just the 5 dollar processing fee. Knowing I was getting another phone I figured I'd try to fix the one I had. Went into download mode and fixed it. What do I do now ? I don't want to be billed for the whole phone price. Also a known issue before the soft brick was my sd card wasn't being recognized. So even though my old phone is technically fixed from the issue I reported to get the replacement, the sd card still isn't functioning so it's still broke essentially.
I'm having trouble seeing the issue here...? The SD card wasn't being read, you soft bricked it messing around, ordered a new phone, fixed the 1st phone's soft brick and the SD card still isn't being read. So if that is right, then what is the problem with returning the first phone since it was not working properly?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
Tags
sgs4, soft brick, tmobile