FORUMS

[Android Build SU bug-RESOLVED] Need help figuring this out

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RobertDrone, Junior Member on 30th August 2014, 09:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am currently helping on a new project for a ROM, we forked the AOSPA and AOSPA-Legacy repos into our githubs. What was mainly changed was the name "pa" "pa_" or "AOSPA" to "VentureROM" and the path "pa/" to "venture/". We have looked through both venturerom and venturerom legacy repos that we built and compared these with aospa repos for any differences and haven't seen any. We built AOSPA from scratch off their github and do not receive this bug.

su binary is installed to xbin folder and is symlinked to the bin folder. SUPERUSER_EMBEDDED = true is enabled in build script and points to files for binary and application. After about 8 different build attempts of changing one thing here or there, i decided to pull a logcat and found this sequence when asking for root privelage over ADB:
Code:
[ 08-30 00:24:22.616  2888: 2888 D/su       ]
su invoked.

[ 08-30 00:24:22.616  2888: 2888 D/su       ]
starting daemon client 2000 0

[ 08-30 00:24:22.616  2888: 2888 E/su       ]
connect failed with 2: No such file or directory\
When digging through the system files, su exsists and system can call other binaries under both xbin and bin folders.

The hint is that when you flash a custom kernel over the device after building our repo from scratch, su issue is gone. But i can't quite figure out where the issue is, I've looked through kernel related files and boot related files. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Im using an HTC one m8 (m8vzw/m8wlv), the repo with this is under "VentureROM-Legacy" on github, but i guess i cant post that since i never use XDA. Thank you in advance

EDIT:
Found the issue.
Last edited by RobertDrone; 31st August 2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: RESOLVED

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)