Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Got an UMI Cross, found trojans and need help flashing a new rom

OP havocau

9th July 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi all

I just got an UMI Cross recently and from reading about the possibility of trojans on chinese phones, the first thing I did was install a couple of different popular scanners (ESET was one of them)

The 2 scanners I tried both found trojans (UUPAY) and so what I want to do now is flash a new ROM onto the phone, I have found some new roms but now I am unsure of the best way to go about flashing the phone.

I know I need to install CWM or something similar but not sure on the best way to do this or even if its universal (in terms of installing)

So, any help is appreciated

Thanks
10th July 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
anyone? D:
11th July 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocau

Hi all

I just got an UMI Cross recently and from reading about the possibility of trojans on chinese phones, the first thing I did was install a couple of different popular scanners (ESET was one of them)

The 2 scanners I tried both found trojans (UUPAY) and so what I want to do now is flash a new ROM onto the phone, I have found some new roms but now I am unsure of the best way to go about flashing the phone.

I know I need to install CWM or something similar but not sure on the best way to do this or even if its universal (in terms of installing)

So, any help is appreciated

Thanks

I have the same question (how to install cwm recovery) will patiently await some help and do some googling . . .
11th July 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravanman

I have the same question (how to install cwm recovery) will patiently await some help and do some googling . . .

Right, it's easy peasy , download this and plonk on your sd card http://www.needrom.com/mobile/ctr-recovery/

download mobile uncle tools and select recovery update, selecting the zip on your sd card, all done!
16th July 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
It says root is needed, how do I root the device?
16th July 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I worked it out, found my device is rooted and put on the recovery thing and was able to get into it ! yay

But when I tried to flash the rom I downloaded it just said aborted

Not sure what rom to use either >_<
16th July 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
http://www.needrom.com/mobile/umi-cross-c1/

I downloaded the latest flash rom from there, does that mean I have to use Flash Tools?

Cheers
17th July 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Ended up flashing a different rom and it worked fine, no more infected apps on phone yay!

If anyone runs into same issue, feel free to contact me and I will help
22nd July 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Now on the new rom, lookout reports contacts and phone as adware

arghhh

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread