Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help unbricking!

Tip us?

GameExpertNetwork
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt Need help unbricking!

I have a NX008HD8G, but I accidently bootlooped/softbricked it. How did I do it? I changed the codename entry in build.prop from REL to L. Now my device gets stuck on the bootanimation.

It is still stuck even after HOURS of waiting.

It has android default recovery. I need to access and edit build.prop somehow, maybe from recovery? How would I do this?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

P.S - Move this if it dosen't belong here. An xda assist person told me this belonged here.

GameExpertNetwork
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
HELP! why does everyone hate me ((((

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
It's nothing to do with that. The fact is that there are almost 20,000 unique Android devices floating around. With smaller companies like this, they don't typically provide a lot of documentation of their firmware, nor worry about making sure that the files are out there for their consumers as evidenced by their site where they offer the firmware for like 2 or 3 of their like 10 different tablets or whatever. Also, it's hard for others with no experience with these devices to provide useful help as many Android devices have different ways to update or fix issues like this. We can't all be experts in all the different variations that occur. That said, you can try this (note the disclaimer about the date of manufacture!):

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f906.../#post10033151

You would have to install a custom recovery and have a copy of the stock build.prop from the particular update you are on to fix it any other way.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)