FORUMS

[Q] Hisense U980 Stock Recovery

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By graham_1, Junior Member on 6th May 2015, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to point me to a link for a Hisense U980 Stock Recovery and scatter file. Mine has unfortunately become corrupted and i currently have the MLS recovery (Chinese) version on my device. I've basically followed the guide I've found on XDA forums to root and install the custom ROM but i'm having the following issues:
After flashing the custom, my SIM management option is greyed out under settings. Therefore, it's not detecting either of the SIM card's installed (dual SIM phone).
Running the new MIUI OS, my devices soft keys (Home, Back buttons etc.) are no longer functional making it difficult to navigate menu options.
I've tried following the tutorial to create a stock recovery but MTK Droid Tools is not detecting my device.
I've downloaded the stock ROM from needrom but am unable to flash it with the current recovery.
My feeling is, if i can revert to the stock recovery, i'll be able to flash the stock ROM.
I've posted some images as well.

Any help will greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Graham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-05 14.32.58.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	3299282   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-05 20.42.02.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	3299283   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-05 20.43.50.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	3299284   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-06 10.35.10.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	3299285  

20th May 2015, 10:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up This worked for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham_1

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to point me to a link for a Hisense U980 Stock Recovery and scatter file. Mine has unfortunately become corrupted and i currently have the MLS recovery (Chinese) version on my device. I've basically followed the guide I've found on XDA forums to root and install the custom ROM but i'm having the following issues:
After flashing the custom, my SIM management option is greyed out under settings. Therefore, it's not detecting either of the SIM card's installed (dual SIM phone).
Running the new MIUI OS, my devices soft keys (Home, Back buttons etc.) are no longer functional making it difficult to navigate menu options.
I've tried following the tutorial to create a stock recovery but MTK Droid Tools is not detecting my device.
I've downloaded the stock ROM from needrom but am unable to flash it with the current recovery.
My feeling is, if i can revert to the stock recovery, i'll be able to flash the stock ROM.

Thanks,
Graham

Phone must be rooted (IRoot works)

1. Install any root explorer or browser and then check if root permissions are enabled (Security App>Permission>Root Permission).

2. Modifying Build.prop
2.1 Open root browser/explorer and navigate to system folder.
2.2 Open build.prop with the text editor (root browser comes with it)
2.3 Add this line on last line of the text then save. Select allow to all permission prompts.
qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

If the keyboard is missing download a keyboard APK like swiftkey and install it the through the file explorer.
12th June 2015, 02:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Hi guys...
I have a question and a suggestion
For the stock ROM I found where I can download it its covered in the official forum for the hisense but its in Chinese I think I can't post the links.. Also I used the frameroit apk to root my phone its simple... My question is ... Have anyone got this to work I have the links for the miui for u980 but its my only device now n I don't want to risk ... If so can anyone post a screen shot for it n is it worthy I always was a fan for slimroms... Didn't like miui but its the only option now ... Also I found a link to twrp recovery for it... My main concern is not bricking the device as I always used to flash Samsung devices n this is my 1st time with hisense... But I like the device n the hardware is good enough for me... Do u think miui will make a difference..
Thx
30th June 2015, 06:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham_1

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Graham

Hello Graham and everyone, you guys are struggling so much.

I'm gonna try to backup my rom and post it for all of you my friends.

But gonna have to clean it first, so be patient. Have a good day.
1st July 2015, 09:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ok, i finished uploading my ROM, I don't know if the stock recovery is included in it.

I would like to help you and backup or copy/paste my stock recovery files. I will search online and if you have an idea you can help me too.

I can't use a PC because currently my phone's USB is broken and no one has a similar one here. So, I'm ordering one online.

That's why i backed my ROM using "Online nandroid backup".

Here is the link for the ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-u980-t3147968
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)