[Q] How do I install the Google Play Store on a Chineze HTC 5088

OP GodsOtherHand

30th August 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello.

I have a HTC 5088. The phone was originally made for the Chinese market, so it does not have the Google Play Store.

I tried taking various APK's from various websites and installing them (play store, play services, login service and another .apk that i cant remember). When that didnt work (play services was crashing all the time, right after starting the phone) i took some apk's from a Samsung S4 clone thinking that it might help.. It did help, now nothing crashed while doing nothing or using apps. But when starting the Play Store, the play service crashes once. Then the Play Store starts up but with no connection (I am on WIFI).

I found this:
---> Sorry, I cant post link. Please search google for "Unofficial Google Play Installation Guide miiPCforum" and it should be the first link... <---
It is a guide for installing the Play Store on a MiiPC and it says the the first step is to use a "GooglePlayEnabler.apk" that is device specific, or you get "no connection", just like me... (tried them, nothing)

Also, i searched the internet looking for a way to put a custom ROM on it, to solve the problem faster. But could not find any ROM for it (most sites for it are in Chinese).

So, any advice on how to install the Play Store on this phone?
Thank you for your time!
6th September 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Anyone? Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank