[Q] How do i recover the lenovo a820

OP philmck1

7th August 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I tried to reset my phone but it rebooted in the middle of restoring. now when i power on my phone all i get is a green android and what looks like restoring but then the phone just reboots after 3 seconds. if i press power and volume+ /volume- to enter clockwork mod i just get the same thing as when i power on. it looks like the phone is restoring but it just reboots. is there any way i can recover my phone using meta mode or factory mode, as i can't enter recovery. thanks for any help. note: i have tried to recover by this method, without success.
1. Download Lenovo drivers, unzip the archive. Turn off the phone and remove battery. Open device manager and connect the phone to PC. Watch for new devices. It will be displayed as МТ65хх Preloader. You need to be quick, because it will dissapear in some second. Click on it with the right button and select update driver. Point the wizard to the driver folder, it will install the correct driver automatically.
If it doesn't work with removed battery you can try to power on the phone and turn on developer options in settings or enter meta mode – hold Volume Down and Power buttons. Then connect the phone to PC again.
2. Download and extract Recovery zip and Flash tools. Run Flash Tools, click on DL DA All With Check Sum, load the scatter file located in Recovery folder, uncheck Preloader and hit Download (F6). Remove battery from phone and connect it to PC. When done, a green circle will appear.
3. Enter recovery mode – hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the logo. Make a backup of your current system first. Install new zip.
Last edited by philmck1; 7th August 2014 at 02:12 AM.
7th August 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag pune

14 posts
More
OK... most imp thing can you boot in normal mode??? if yes you just need to install android recovery. if not then you have to flash stock ROM ... download it from here needrom .com/mobile/lenovo-a820-12/ (remove the space between .com n needrom ) . in case you you just have problems with recovery then select only recovery in so flash else select all options.
hit thanks if you find it valuable.
7th August 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkarfrozen

OK... most imp thing can you boot in normal mode??? if yes you just need to install android recovery. if not then you have to flash stock ROM ... download it from here needrom .com/mobile/lenovo-a820-12/ (remove the space between .com n needrom ) . in case you you just have problems with recovery then select only recovery in so flash else select all options.
hit thanks if you find it valuable.

i can't get the phone to connect without the battery, i can only get it in factory or meta mode and in these modes i can't flash any rom.
9th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag pune

14 posts
More
if you can go into factory mode den mobile's perfectly fine. you just need to flash stock ROM once.
1) switch off your phone
2) open the sp flash tool
3) you will see Scatter-Loading option click it and locate the scatter file (it is present in the ROM folder you downloaded)
4)now press download button
5)after pressing download button connect your phone via USB cable

it may take 5-10 mins n you are done... you don't need to turn your phone ON...
it has worked for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread