Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to build AOSP rom for unsupported new device?

OP mhmtemnacr

20th August 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #1  
mhmtemnacr's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 2
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hi, I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 tablet but it has very small developer community so I couldn't find any AOSP roms suitable with my device. Is it possible to make an AOSP rom work on my tab or is it possible to build rom for my tab? Please help, thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T530 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th August 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #2  
GeekyDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burgenland
Thanks Meter: 655
 
595 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmtemnacr

Hi, I have a samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 tablet but it has very small developer community so I couldn't find any AOSP roms suitable with my device. Is it possible to make an AOSP rom work on my tab or is it possible to build rom for my tab? Please help, thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-T530 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you have knowledge in making a whole new device tree from scratch, then it'll be possible. But you also need to find the right kernel source. For building AOSP from source you need 3 components:
  • device tree
  • kernel source
  • vendor tree

If you have these 3, you can start building.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeekyDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #3  
mhmtemnacr's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 2
 
45 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDroid

If you have knowledge in making a whole new device tree from scratch, then it'll be possible. But you also need to find the right kernel source. For building AOSP from source you need 3 components:

  • device tree
  • kernel source
  • vendor tree

If you have these 3, you can start building.

Hi, thanks for reply. I don't know how to obtain those. Is there a noobish-written tutorial or something to help me get started? And, can I find these kernel sources, etc in the http://opensource.samsung.com/ because my device is samsung.
20th August 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #4  
GeekyDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Burgenland
Thanks Meter: 655
 
595 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmtemnacr

Hi, thanks for reply. I don't know how to obtain those. Is there a noobish-written tutorial or something to help me get started? And, can I find these kernel sources, etc in the http://opensource.samsung.com/ because my device is samsung.

There is no tutorial for this. But you can take an example: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro..._samsung_i9300
This is a device tree for Samsung Galaxy S3 International version. You can get all these from your device itself. For vendor look here: https://github.com/TheMuppets/propri.../cm-11.0/i9300
But vendor is very easy. But I don't think you can make it as for now. I think you should first start building a ROM for a device which has all his dependencies on CM's repo. Start with this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...od-11-t2515305
The Following User Says Thank You to GeekyDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes