Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to get back my original baseband and remove the flashed odin one?

Tip us?

toxious651
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] How to get back my original baseband and remove the flashed odin one?

I tried to install a new custom rom on my Samsung Galaxy GT-18730 (thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2792157), it asked me to install and flash a baseband thing with odin, which I did. Because of that, I can't get any audio from my phone, can't play videos, and I can't send or receive calls even when I restore to my original official android. How do I get that custom thing off so I can get my sound and stuff back?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
It seems that the inconsitency of the sound working for some and not others revolves around whether you have the "T" version of the phone or not. You didn't mention which you have but I would look into that. You already know the thread for it because I saw your posts there.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

toxious651
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
It seems that the inconsitency of the sound working for some and not others revolves around whether you have the "T" version of the phone or not. You didn't mention which you have but I would look into that. You already know the thread for it because I saw your posts there.
What do you mean by "T"?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
8730 vs 8730T
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

toxious651
Old
(Last edited by toxious651; 24th August 2014 at 01:26 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
8730 vs 8730T
Mine is 8730.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Please check what baseband is installed now, what region your phone is from, and if your IMEI is still listed correctly. I'd like to list the first 2 but not the IMEI, obviously, just5 whether it's still there after you restored the stock rom. If not, that's other mess. And the region matters because certain Samsung phones act weird with basebands and other files from different ones even though it is from the same system update version.

toxious651
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Please check what baseband is installed now, what region your phone is from, and if your IMEI is still listed correctly. I'd like to list the first 2 but not the IMEI, obviously, just5 whether it's still there after you restored the stock rom. If not, that's other mess. And the region matters because certain Samsung phones act weird with basebands and other files from different ones even though it is from the same system update version.
Baseband: I8730XWAMK1, that's what they told me to install on the thread.
Region.. well, I'm not sure where it's "from", but I live in the Caribbean.