How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to get back my original baseband and remove the flashed odin one?

OP toxious651

23rd August 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
I tried to install a new custom rom on my Samsung Galaxy GT-18730 (thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2792157), it asked me to install and flash a baseband thing with odin, which I did. Because of that, I can't get any audio from my phone, can't play videos, and I can't send or receive calls even when I restore to my original official android. How do I get that custom thing off so I can get my sound and stuff back?
24th August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
It seems that the inconsitency of the sound working for some and not others revolves around whether you have the "T" version of the phone or not. You didn't mention which you have but I would look into that. You already know the thread for it because I saw your posts there.
24th August 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

It seems that the inconsitency of the sound working for some and not others revolves around whether you have the "T" version of the phone or not. You didn't mention which you have but I would look into that. You already know the thread for it because I saw your posts there.

What do you mean by "T"?
24th August 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #4  

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
8730 vs 8730T
24th August 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:

8730 vs 8730T

Mine is 8730.
Last edited by toxious651; 24th August 2014 at 02:26 AM.
24th August 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #6  

3,082 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please check what baseband is installed now, what region your phone is from, and if your IMEI is still listed correctly. I'd like to list the first 2 but not the IMEI, obviously, just5 whether it's still there after you restored the stock rom. If not, that's other mess. And the region matters because certain Samsung phones act weird with basebands and other files from different ones even though it is from the same system update version.
24th August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:

Please check what baseband is installed now, what region your phone is from, and if your IMEI is still listed correctly. I'd like to list the first 2 but not the IMEI, obviously, just5 whether it's still there after you restored the stock rom. If not, that's other mess. And the region matters because certain Samsung phones act weird with basebands and other files from different ones even though it is from the same system update version.

Baseband: I8730XWAMK1, that's what they told me to install on the thread.
Region.. well, I'm not sure where it's "from", but I live in the Caribbean.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread