Tasker WiFi Sign-in?

OP drinfernoo

16th March 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yakima, WA
Thanks Meter: 304

1,440 posts
More
I have just recently started using Tasker for some simple tasks like turning on/off GPS or WiFi, silencing my phone, etc... And I am trying to figure out how to set up a task to sign in to secured WiFi SSIDs. My work and school both require you to "sign in" before you can use their WiFi, so my phone tells my whenever it connects, to "Sign into Wi-Fi Network". Both of them are different however. My work is a simple checkbox to "agree" to the store's conditions My school, I actually have to type in my student information.

What I would like to do is make a task to automate that signing in process as soon as my phone connects to the WiFi. Has anyone done anything like this or have any suggestions how to go about it?
16th March 2013, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 192

2,499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tasker is a very powerful app whose full capabilities I personally haven't even started to scratch...play around especially with creating variables under the NET > Wifi Connected/Near task or profile and I think you'll be able to write a simple profile to do this for you. Best way to do this is when you're actually on/near that network so you can automatically pull in the details of the Mac address or SSID...
You can start by looking here to see if you can "kang" one profile/task or so

http://tasker.wikidot.com/profile-index

Under Advanced category on this wiki look to see how you can modify the Wifi Auto Start/Stop profile...
Last edited by Moe5508; 16th March 2013 at 10:50 PM.
16th March 2013, 11:00 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 431

1,960 posts
Re: Tasker WiFi Sign-in?
I tried to do something like this a long time ago but figured it.
Hope some one can help out

Sent from my GT-N8013
16th March 2013, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yakima, WA

1,440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe5508

Tasker is a very powerful app whose full capabilities I personally haven't even started to scratch...play around especially with creating variables under the NET > Wifi Connected/Near task or profile and I think you'll be able to write a simple profile to do this for you. Best way to do this is when you're actually on/near that network so you can automatically pull in the details of the Mac address or SSID...
You can start by looking here to see if you can "kang" one profile/task or so

http://tasker.wikidot.com/profile-index

Under Advanced category on this wiki look to see how you can modify the Wifi Auto Start/Stop profile...

I'm afraid I may have to write some sort of script to handle the authentication. I can make it check to see if I'm connected, and I should be able to see if I have connectivity or not, but I don't know where to go from there.

EDIT: On further examination, I don't see a way to check WiFi connectivity or speeds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by drinfernoo; 16th March 2013 at 11:50 PM.
17th March 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 729

2,331 posts
There is the newbie tut thread... and a Google group

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2
17th March 2013, 03:08 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yakima, WA

1,440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

There is the newbie tut thread... and a Google group

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2

And this is not a newbie tut issue. It looks like people all over the internet have been trying to do it, and there hasn't been much progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2013, 03:28 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

44 posts
More
I've tried to do something similar some time ago to login to fon networks, with no luck I'm afraid

My best guess was trying to use "http post" plugin
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...endEmailPlugin

But still the lack of knowledge took ahead of me, maybe you can have a look at it

wish you better luck than mine :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
17th March 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yakima, WA

1,440 posts
More
I solved one of them!!! I was able to get it (I think, haven't field tested yet) to work with my work WiFi Here's my setup:

State: Wifi Connected Guest,*,* (Name of SSID is Guest)
1. Browse URL *the URL for the login page*
2. Run Shell [Command: sleep 0.1; input tap 50 715; sleep 0.025; input tap 620 800 Timeout: 0 Use Root: Yes]

The coordinates in the "input tap" sections are the coordinates for the "agree" checkbox, and the "agree" button, respectively This seems to work awesome, but I have to try it when I'm there. I'm now going to try and figure out how to make it do it while the phone is asleep

BTW, an easy way to get those coordinates is to turn on "Show Pointer Location" in Developer Settings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drinfernoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2013, 06:02 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 431

1,960 posts
@Drinfernoo
I am going to tedt this out on Monday at work

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
17th March 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #10  
Flag Corfu, Ny
Thanks Meter: 105

256 posts
More
I use a great app called WiFi Web Login. It's pretty cheap in the play store. Logs into my school WiFi flawlessly every time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to ooonimrodooo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread