Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,511 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to replace orange 'no connectivity' icons in 4.4?

Tip us?

Solf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to replace orange 'no connectivity' icons in 4.4?

Hi,

short version: how can I replace orange 'no connectivity' icons with white versions under 4.4 (KitKat)? I've tried to mass replace (in system apks) any PNG files I could find that seem to be related to signal strength -- but either I can't find the right ones or there's something even more tricky going on.

long version: I'm experimenting with my Lenovo Vibe Z (k910). I tried to install official 4.4 update (VIBEUI_V1.5_1420_4_ST_K910_NK_W_E2D0 if that's of any interest) + root + google apps. It seems to work fine except for the one unpleasant issue -- network signal icons turn orange (which clashes somewhat horribly with the rest of the visual scheme).

As far as I was able to google, orange means 'no connectivity'. This is clearly not true (all google services etc. work fine). However I don't really care about the fact that the system 'thinks' it is not connected.

What I'm looking for is some way to make these icons white -- either via simply replacing the icons or else making the system believe that it is, in fact, 'connected'.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've been able previously to fix similar issues under 4.2 (by simply replacing icon files). However I can't seem to get 4.4 figured out.

Solf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So figured it out.

At least on my phone (Lenovo Vibe Z (k910)) the relevant apk is NotificationCenter.apk and relevant icons are like these:
NotificationCenter.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\stat_sys_gemini_signal_2_orange.png

Kunal.Kene.1797
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solf View Post
So figured it out.

At least on my phone (Lenovo Vibe Z (k910)) the relevant apk is NotificationCenter.apk and relevant icons are like these:
NotificationCenter.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\stat_sys_gemini_signal_2_orange.png
Instead of decompiling and recompiling your apk try using GRAVITYBOX xposed module...are u using a custom rom or the Stock?

Phone: Asus ZenFone 4 A400CG
◢ROM: Android Jellybean 4.3 (Update 11)
◢Recovery: Stock
◢Kernel: Stock 3.4.43

IF YOU THINK I HELPED YOU PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON THAT WON'T COST YOU A THING PLEASE DON'T PRESS THANKS IF I HAVEN'T HELPED

Solf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
GravityBox does so many things simultaneously that it is, in my opinion, a very dangerous thing to install on a ROM that is not completely stock. And Lenovo's isn't exactly stock. I had issues on another Lenovo phone previously.

I tried some other xposed module that was supposed to be able to recolor status bar icons -- didn't work.

Also copying icon files makes them fit not only by color, but also by style. And is rather trivial thing to do really as long as you can manage to unpack/pack zip files (which is what apk really is).