So I decided to write a easy tutorial to do that(not ment for Android 5.0 Lolipop, yet)
things you should know before following this:
a. it MIGHT(not necessarily)trigger KNOX(on samsung some devices)
b. you need unlocked bootloader in case you have a sony device.
1. First of all you are supposed to know what device you are using, and if you know what device you are using, you are ready to proceed
2. Next thing you would need to find is the process needed to flash image/md5 to the device you want to root(might trigger KNOX)(unlocked bootloader needed)
3. So if you don't know how to flash image/md5 to your device, just search here, on XDA for how to install cwm recovery(for example) on *your device*(might trigger KNOX, google it to know if your device have it or not, will void your warranty)(unlocked bootloader needed)
4. Cwm recovery is a custom recovery(few more are there too) for almost every device (you can make one if its not available yet, just search XDA)(if not, this is probably not a process you can follow, find some other)
5. When you have successfully installed the cwm recovery to your device, then you would need to know how to enter recovery mode on your device, generally, holding power+volume up keys for few seconds when the device is off will get you to recovery mode, and on Samsung devices, it's power+home+volume up keys that are supposed to be kept pressed to get to recovery mode, and if any of these don't works, just google "how to enter recovery mode on *your device*"
6. Now you need to download a supersu update zip from: HERE.
7. Place it anywhere on your phone and now turn off your device and boot to recovery mode (by process explained above)
8(a). When you enter recovery (any custom recovery you can find), there's an option to install zip from SD card (external or internal)
8(b). Select it and find out the supersu zip you downloaded above and then select it and confirm to install it
When it's done(installing that zip), you are done, you had rooted your device successfully and now you can enjoy the root access!
Just reboot your device normally and you can find SuperSU icon in the app drawer(if you don't, just install it from play store), open it and it will simply open with an option to follow them
If for some reason, supersu says super user binary is not installed and supersu can't install it, then it's not rooted, and you can retry the process of installing supersu update zip by booting to recovery and installing it from there (explained above)
It is not supposed to happen (the problem stated above) as you are not doing any wrong thing during the process (if you followed my steps)
So, that's it if you have any problem during doing this, just reply and I will try to solve it for you
tell me if it didnt worked for you, i will make a list of devices that are not able to be rooted by this( i guess there wont be any.)
Hit thanks of I helped you
Sent from my SM-T211 using XDA Free mobile app