Zooper Widget! Create Anything
Post Reply

[Q] How to root Op3n Dott P4502 ?

OP Unkyy

6th December 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Hello, how to root Op3n Dott P4502 ?
I tested some programs on google play and on my pc, and it can't root my mobile
Can someone help me with root ?
Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unkyy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
Wink @refresh
I too need this, pls answer.
19th December 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
1. Download and install apk from google play "MTK Engineering Mode"
2. In this apk "MTK Settings->Log and Debugging->User2Root" push "Root" button and exit apk.
3. Switch on "Debugging Mode" in phone:
-open up Settings, then scroll all the way down to About phone. Once there, tap Software information, then tap Build number seven times. You'll see a toast notification alerting you that you are now a developer.
- go back to the main Settings page and you'll see a new entry for Developer options. In this menu check USB debugging
4. Download and install this program iRoot, (download with IE beacuse firefox see dangerous file)
5. Run iRoot and connect phone to PC
6. Choose "Connect" and then "Root"
7. Unistall 2 chineese aplication, and install "Supersu" from google play (after restart update "supersu")
8. You have root.

I use chineese supersu beacuse this from google play have problem with permission to sdcard.

-----
Recovery Instalation:


1. Download recovery and copy it to /data/local/temp (change filename to recovery.img)
2. Installanr run Terminal emulator.
3. type:
su
dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
4. Now reboot to recovery and make backup.

-----

Link to hungary forum Link
Last edited by shanti77; 20th January 2015 at 07:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shanti77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #4  
jwkk's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Thank you very much!
16th January 2015, 11:41 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Rom for Medion p4502
I do the same but the phone is block in a boot loop.

When i start with the button "on" and "volume Up", i have a special screen with "No command" writed.
Then using the buttons under the screen i have a menu seems to a cm recovery.

Is there a rom for this phone ? the Medion p4502 ?
24th January 2015, 04:33 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
What you do , Root or CWM? I have Op3n Dott but this the same phone like medion p4502.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromadore

I do the same but the phone is block in a boot loop.

When i start with the button "on" and "volume Up", i have a special screen with "No command" writed.
Then using the buttons under the screen i have a menu seems to a cm recovery.

Is there a rom for this phone ? the Medion p4502 ?

27th January 2015, 10:04 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
-- i finaly passed the capchat so i'll edit this post with the right username --
Last edited by Dimitri.Dandois; 29th January 2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: User changed
29th January 2015, 11:10 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti77

What you do , Root or CWM? I have Op3n Dott but this the same phone like medion p4502.

Good morning,

I think i just need a ROM or a Backup.

I installed the systel recivert TWRP with flash tool, it works but missing the OS.
With flash tool:
I used those files: logo.bin, lk.bin, MBR, preloader.bin, secro.img, MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, boot.img, recovery.img, system.img
But i didn't have any files for: ebr1, ebr2, cache, usrdata

A the TWRP seems to work, i think i can simply flash a zip file on the SD-card.

Thank you four your interest !


ps: I was invited to type the captcha and it was very very very very difficult to read (i tried more than 20x).
7th February 2015, 10:45 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
71 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Firmware ver213 link
Yesterday, 02:29 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti77

1. Download and install apk from google play "MTK Engineering Mode"
2. In this apk "MTK Settings->Log and Debugging->User2Root" push "Root" button and exit apk.
3. Switch on "Debugging Mode" in phone:
-open up Settings, then scroll all the way down to About phone. Once there, tap Software information, then tap Build number seven times. You'll see a toast notification alerting you that you are now a developer.
- go back to the main Settings page and you'll see a new entry for Developer options. In this menu check USB debugging
4. Download and install this program iRoot, (download with IE beacuse firefox see dangerous file)
5. Run iRoot and connect phone to PC
6. Choose "Connect" and then "Root"
7. Unistall 2 chineese aplication, and install "Supersu" from google play (after restart update "supersu")
8. You have root.

I use chineese supersu beacuse this from google play have problem with permission to sdcard.

Thank you for excellent post! I managed to root my Medion P4502 using your instructions but substituted iRoot with Kingo Root. Here is the link with necessary steps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes