OP WickedWireZ

28th August 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antioch
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
For awhile now I've wanted to start getting into coding/development.. I want to make apps for Android, but I don't know where to start, or how I would go about learning. I currently use Code Academy to get the basics down, but I was wondering if anyone could actually help me get going?
(Also sorry if I posted in the wrong area. I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing)
28th August 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,682

2,315 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWireZ

For awhile now I've wanted to start getting into coding/development.. I want to make apps for Android, but I don't know where to start, or how I would go about learning. I currently use Code Academy to get the basics down, but I was wondering if anyone could actually help me get going?
(Also sorry if I posted in the wrong area. I'm kinda new to the whole forum thing)

In order to develop apps for Android you will need a good understanding of Java. Since it sounds like you have some previous programming experience from Code Academy (I used there Python track as a basis for learning Python and it was great), I would recommend checking out this great free course from Udemy, (Free and material is self paced) on the basics of Java development. To move on to Android then I would recommend checking out the official Android developer training and documentation. Also XDA's app development forum section has a wealth of information for Android app development. Let me know if you still have questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antioch
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

In order to develop apps for Android you will need a good understanding of Java. Since it sounds like you have some previous programming experience from Code Academy (I used there Python track as a basis for learning Python and it was great), I would recommend checking out this great free course from Udemy, (Free and material is self paced) on the basics of Java development. To move on to Android then I would recommend checking out the official Android developer training and documentation. Also XDA's app development forum section has a wealth of information for Android app development. Let me know if you still have questions.

Thanks your advice is much appreciated I'll go check this stuff out right now!
The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWireZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread