Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to compile cifs.ko etc. "for dummies"?

Tip us?

damazta
Old
(Last edited by damazta; 4th October 2012 at 07:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default how to compile cifs.ko etc. "for dummies"?

Hi everyone!

many ppl (and me of course) seem to need native cifs support so we can mount cifs shares in to the local filesystem.

Many of those ppl are total noobs or noobs with reasonable tech/computer/it/software/os knowledge (like me), so we are unable to make/compile our own cifs modules and must burden forums like this with our humble requests.

Would someone be prepared to write a definitive, once-and-for all, idiot-proof how-to-guide on making your own kernel modules for native cifs support?

I think it would be safe to assume:
1. root access is present and/or can be established with instructions in another thread.
2. no previous android development knowledge and experience exists. I.e.: what tools do I need? Where do I get them? How do I install/configure them?
3. Android dev jargon is unfamiliar
4. Tech-savvyness can be expected, I.e. how to install ubuntu in a VM should be known, as well as using text editors, copying files, using terminal emulators, installing drivers, etc.
5. usage of cifs-manager or mount-manager is known

any volunteers will receive kudos and/or monetary donations from me personally and possibly from the greater android community as well.

Please?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to damazta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

damazta
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Ping...

159 views and no reply....

Even just a link or two to existing howtos would be great!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

johnykappa
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Native Cifs support

BUMP!!! I too would love to know how to do this!!!!

[QUOTE=damazta;32351312]Hi everyone!

many ppl (and me of course) seem to need native cifs support so we can mount cifs shares in to the local filesystem.

Many of those ppl are total noobs or noobs with reasonable tech/computer/it/software/os knowledge (like me), so we are unable to make/compile our own cifs modules and must burden forums like this with our humble requests.

Would someone be prepared to write a definitive, once-and-for all, idiot-proof how-to-guide on making your own kernel modules for native cifs support?

I think it would be safe to assume:
1. root access is present and/or can be established with instructions in another thread.
2. no previous android development knowledge and experience exists. I.e.: what tools do I need? Where do I get them? How do I install/configure them?
3. Android dev jargon is unfamiliar
4. Tech-savvyness can be expected, I.e. how to install ubuntu in a VM should be known, as well as using text editors, copying files, using terminal emulators, installing drivers, etc.
5. usage of cifs-manager or mount-manager is known

any volunteers will receive kudos and/or monetary donations from me personally and possibly from the greater android community as well.

Please?
The Following User Says Thank You to johnykappa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

n8schicht
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have startet a similar threat... an no answers....
i canīt understand why the people will not help....