Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HOX+ Question

Tip us?

RealALCoL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HOX+ Question

Hi everyone, please i need support, am about to install manually jeally bean 4.2 from htc web att news hox+

Im from Peru and obviously is not my operator, but work with same bands, my question is, is a good idea to do this??? thanks in advance

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealALCoL View Post
Hi everyone, please i need support, am about to install manually jeally bean 4.2 from htc web att news hox+

Im from Peru and obviously is not my operator, but work with same bands, my question is, is a good idea to do this??? thanks in advance
Do you have the international or ATT version of the phone? If the international, then no, don't try to use ATT software. Despite the fact that you might utilize the same bands for service, the radio chipset is different between and via RUU won't even try to run since it won't recognize it as the correct device.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealALCoL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Do you have the international or ATT version of the phone? If the international, then no, don't try to use ATT software. Despite the fact that you might utilize the same bands for service, the radio chipset is different between and via RUU won't even try to run since it won't recognize it as the correct device.
Ok thanks doc, well.i wll have to look for another good rom to updat my thing, thanks again

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealALCoL View Post
Ok thanks doc, well.i wll have to look for another good rom to updat my thing, thanks again
You're welcome. Lots of good stuff right here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-x2/development
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealALCoL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
You're welcome. Lots of good stuff right here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-x2/development
Thanks u so helpfull, can u recommend any stable rom 4.2 or 4.4?

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
There aren't any stable 4.4 roms - though there are some options for usable ones but since they aren't based off of official software, you can expect some inconsistencies, glitches, issues with the camera or stuff along those lines. This is one of the more popular roms with good ratings:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2122390

Have used Viper on many HTCs and usually is a good experience.