FORUMS

[Q] [HTC Desire 310] Best way to unlock?

Thanks Meter: 0

By LeenaMeena, Junior Member on 24th August 2014, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I've been researching and I found out that apparently you cannot sim unlock a desire 310 by installing a different rom.
People recommended using a sim unlock service (like you pay for a code to unlock it), and they said that some of these services are sketchy/dodgy..

Can anyone personally recommend a good website to get a code from?
Or even a better way to do this?

(It's locked to Vodafone if that makes a difference)

Thanks

23rd September 2014, 08:05 AM |#2  
Flag Sulmona
Thanks Meter: 26

More
You could try sim-unlock.net , i tried to get an unlock code for the same device but unfortunately they coulnd't find one as my phone hasn't been locked by htc but by orange romania. I got refunded though so i'd say it's pretty much a safe website. Give it a try, the price isn't high either!
31st December 2014, 01:21 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeenaMeena

Hi, I've been researching and I found out that apparently you cannot sim unlock a desire 310 by installing a different rom.
People recommended using a sim unlock service (like you pay for a code to unlock it), and they said that some of these services are sketchy/dodgy..

Can anyone personally recommend a good website to get a code from?
Or even a better way to do this?

(It's locked to Vodafone if that makes a difference)

Thanks

hi there, I also have a vodafone locked 310 here and need to unlock it... did you ever sort yours? Also have you come across any good resources for custom roms/root/modding etc ? thanks
31st December 2014, 06:00 PM |#4  
Flag Sulmona
Thanks Meter: 26

More
You have to know if the vodafone carrier of the country you bought your phone from locks the device with a different lock code other than the one provided by htc. For example i bought the desire 310 from Orange Romania, and only after i bought it i found out that both orange and vodafone romania change the factory lock code with a code of their own. In this particular case, i haven't had any luck unlocking the phone with any site that provides codes for a small fee. I also contacted htc and they said my device (according to the imei) does not appear to be branded nor locked by any carrier. I had to send the phone back to romania and have it serviced with special tools and apps to get it lock-free. You could still try some online service. If it's a pro website, they will refund your money if no code is found or the code they provide doesn't work. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to unlock it in a service center.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread