No registration required

HTC Desire 516

OP lukacarina

22nd November 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimauri

I bricked the phone and I would try to install a rom to unlock it. Can anyone tell me if there is a rom to install on this phone (htc desire 516 Italian -Dual sim) and how? the phone first and was the original brick, no root and no bootloader unlocked. I can only access the recovery menu with the power and volume + buttons,thanks.

What did u exactly do?
23rd November 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshz

What did u exactly do?

okay, I riflash and now it works. Only now I no longer have the Italian language in the kernel.
4th December 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #13  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 108

415 posts
Donate to Me
More
what the method for root desire 516 dual finally?
tnx
14th December 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #14  
Flag faridabad
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimauri

okay, I riflash and now it works. Only now I no longer have the Italian language in the kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukacarina

Please can you give me the links?
Attachment 2947874

Attachment 2947875

same here rakeshz

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskom7

Hello i root my device
HTC Desire D516t with
RootGenius
its ok and working fine

please elaborate what u exactly do ?? please please i m getting error message such a tough phone
will u please tell me ur phone buildnumber and kernel version
Last edited by raveeshwadhawan; 14th December 2014 at 01:49 PM.
14th December 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #15  

5 posts
I followed this guide but it did not do anything. I do not have the root and I miss the Italian language. Can anyone help me to replace the original stock rom? thanks

informatico123.altervista.org/come-ottenere-i-permessi-root-htc-desire-516-dual-sim/?doing_wp_cron=1416047117.8477520942687988281250#c omment-6
17th December 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Phone Root desire 516
To root your HTC desire 516 dual sim you can use this Chinese Software called iRoot. (Previously called Vroot) All you have to do is install the software, click Root and connect the USB cable. If I remember the order correctly.

This one worked for me:
http :// www . mgyun . com / en / getvroot (Replace spaces by nothing)

According to some video's and forums you can later replace iRoot by SuperSu. Haven't tried this yet, cause I can work with this for now.

Hope this helps someone.

Now let's hope someday we can run CWM or TWRP recovery and that Cyanogenmod (or another good custom rom) is made available for our phone. It seems that they have somehow forgotten our phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to NytmareNL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:12 PM   |  #17  

1 posts
Thumbs down iRoot Did NOT Work For Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NytmareNL

To root your HTC desire 516 dual sim you can use this Chinese Software called iRoot. (Previously called Vroot) All you have to do is install the software, click Root and connect the USB cable. If I remember the order correctly.

iRoot also installs lots of junk software and shows only Chinnese UI (at least for me). i am not sure if i did everything correctly -- it's hard to guess what what need to be tapped on the HTC screen if a confirmation appear.

anyway it rebooted once and did nothing for me. hopefully, i removed all the junk installed by iRoot. but it's hard to check.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread