[Q] HTC DHD Won't boot, stuck on logo with long vibrate (not 7)

OP DonutFUN

12th July 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello

I have just recently obtained an HTC Desire HD from my brother, to start off with the hardware has been well taken care of, he is always careful, it was always in an otter case, and ran perfectly scratch free when I got it, so I already know there is nothing wrong with the hardware.
I was trying to root the device, I was using these instructions;
"how to permanently root Telus HTC Desire HD" (was going to be link but I can't yet)
The problem being that he had kept it well updated so I had to change the method a bit. I had to use the tacoroot method, it worked well, I was able to obtain "#" in the ADB, and modify my Misc_version. I then had trouble getting a hold of the PD98IMG.zip, I finally found one in the DHD_Downgrade_package.zip from "Downgrading and Rooting Your HTC Desire HD" (again would have been link) .
I then went to flash it, I had trouble because I didn't know you had to make a new goldcard every 2 uses or so, so that took a while, but when I realized that this morning I got to it, I flashed it, it let me and then that's where it all went down hill, or rather stopped.
It was flashing fine, as far as I saw it only needed to flash the radio. I was in the middle of making my lunch for work so I wasn't watching in intently.
When I looked back at it after a minute or so (and I had checked it in between, it was going fine) it was suddenly a blank screen, and I knew it was supposed to ask if I want to restart, I left it for a minute to nothing. then I decided to try force it to reboot, nothing.
Where I'm at now is that I've realized if I leave it with the battery in it for about five minutes or so it does turn on, only gets as far as the htc logo, and vibrates for probably 60 seconds. If its plugged into my computer, when its done vibrating my computer recognizes it (it dings and if I go under manage for my computer, its under devices) but that's it. Cant get into hboot as far as I've been able to try, though I haven't held the buttons for the entire five minutes, and ADB doesn't recognize it.

Please someone help, I am fairly newbish with android, I do have a tablet with android, but its from china so it barley counts lol.

Thanks a lot
-DonutFUN
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread