Huawei Honor 4x Che2-L11 Q&A

Search This thread

Joe Kano

Apr 20, 2016
Solved my problem

I can't trasfer phone information to my computer except by manual means all three of my phone to PC Suite programs now refuse to connect my phone saying that "ADB Debugging Daemon" needs to be shut down ..... but I don't (to my knowledge) have that installed and no idea how to shut it down .... I did a search on programs running on my phone and it is not listed ....

Any ideas ..... thanks

I found that some how my debugger got turned off ..... no reason that I can think of so now all 3 of my PC suite programs are now working again .....

As to my request for info on my phones CPU not being interesting ..... sorry about that :rolleyes: but I have read on here that we all have the same CPU but I didn't see that one mentioned so I was curious .... no big deal as it is what it is ..... and yes I already read up the info about it including the fact that over 30 billion were produced so I can assume that it is the premier CPU for cell phones and other electronic gadgets ..... :)

panchovix

Mar 19, 2012
Santiago
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@GhostKiller19 why are you so scared to root? you unlocked the bootloader already so is like, for nothing xD; i wouldnt imagine my phone without root and all those sh***y ads , link2sd, and etc, a lot of things, you just need to be carefull, and root itself does nothing, just install an app that it runs ONLY if its needed.
and i think you really want to save a lot of battery ahaha, for me if its last 1 day its fine xD

GhostKiller19

Mar 25, 2016
@GhostKiller19 why are you so scared to root? you unlocked the bootloader already so is like, for nothing xD; i wouldnt imagine my phone without root and all those sh***y ads , link2sd, and etc, a lot of things, you just need to be carefull, and root itself does nothing, just install an app that it runs ONLY if its needed.
and i think you really want to save a lot of battery ahaha, for me if its last 1 day its fine xD
Uhhh well actually root DOES something. The day I rooted my phone with KingRoot, my battery was fine, TOTALLY FINE UNTIL I ROOTED IT. My battery wasn't draining while the screen is off. No, no it doesn't UNTIL I ROOTED IT! It drains while the screen is off now and drains more faster. No apps that require root installed on my phone, I just rooted my phone for testing for 1 day and decided to unroot it. Problem not solved. So I decided to flash firmwares because I thought the problem was my OS. Problem still not solved (well, battery drain was actually a little slower, but still drains while screen is off). So, I decided to never root my phone again. Anyways, battery life is okay now. I'm cool with 4% battery drain overnight. That's the reason I don't want to root my phone.

Sent from my Che2-L11 using XDA-Developers mobile app

MarcoPLs

Mar 28, 2015
Ive check github for custom roms progres. Cm12 is crashing android runtime ?. And this one: https://github.com/HuaweiHonor4C/android_device_huawei_hi6210sft
Have some problems with "Broadcom WLAN drivers"

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Btw i see XePeleato is active on github but he doesnt work on own rom just help other developers
56a0ebb023409a8a6ae4c8238add5a16.jpg

Reactions: Joe Kano

Joe Kano

Apr 20, 2016
Thank you sir

MarcoPLs thanks for keep up with the news about the rom for our phone .... hopefully someone will come up with a version ..... :good::good: :)

GhostKiller19 ...... just to let you know that you can achieve success with curbing battery drain .....

Last night I stopped using my phone at 8:00pm just turning the screen off and this morning I turned it on at 7:00am with the battery % reading 98% ..... I'm rooted but have bunches of apps modified using Permission Master .....

Also remember that even with your WiFi shut off many apps will continue to try to connect to it for updates

Also if you are in a low sim card signal area your phone will constantly try to find a stronger signal ..... so if you use dual sim cards that means 2 signals will try to be strengthened ..... I keep one sim card turned off (just happens to be Smart ... Globe gives me a much better signal strength) ..... this also happens when you are out and about so if traveling by bus .... taxi or jeepney an distance it is recommended for you to put your phone in airplane mode to keep your battery drain at a minimum .... the phone will not keep trying to find a better signal and cause your battery to drain faster ....

Just a couple of tips I read about ..... :victory: :D

Last edited:

GhostKiller19

Mar 25, 2016
MarcoPLs thanks for keep up with the news about the rom for our phone .... hopefully someone will come up with a version ..... :good::good: :)

GhostKiller19 ...... just to let you know that you can achieve success with curbing battery drain .....

Last night I stopped using my phone at 8:00pm just turning the screen off and this morning I turned it on at 7:00am with the battery % reading 98% ..... I'm rooted but have bunches of apps modified using Permission Master .....

Also remember that even with your WiFi shut off many apps will continue to try to connect to it for updates

Also if you are in a low sim card signal area your phone will constantly try to find a stronger signal ..... so if you use dual sim cards that means 2 signals will try to be strengthened ..... I keep one sim card turned off (just happens to be Smart ... Globe gives me a much better signal strength) ..... this also happens when you are out and about so if traveling by bus .... taxi or jeepney an distance it is recommended for you to put your phone in airplane mode to keep your battery drain at a minimum .... the phone will not keep trying to find a better signal and cause your battery to drain faster ....

Just a couple of tips I read about ..... :victory: :D
Hmmm...98% left overnight that's...wow and you are still on Lollipop right!? Nah, still don't want to root my phone. Anyways, my mom has a Huawei Honor 4C and it drains while the screen is off for more than 10% overnight and she's okay with it. If she's okay with 10% battery drain, then I'm okay with 4% battery drain as well.

panchovix

Mar 19, 2012
Santiago
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
if you guys made to understand russian, or using translator
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=670410&st=3740#entry44617209
Hkernel for Lollipop
is really improved compared to any LP stock kernel; its a Honor 4C kernel but for some reason works here too on the Honor 4X (G play in my case)
its really impressive the performance upgrade and the battery duration, if you want to test it, there it is xD
Good luck!
(You need bootloader unlocked for this, and TWRP 3.1.0.0)(if you dont have TWRP 3.1.0.0, is on that 4PDA if you search good enough :p)
or go here http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1162837
You need to translate from spanish tho, its my own tutorial, but im lazy to translate into english xD

Last edited:
Reactions: prezident36

Joe Kano

Apr 20, 2016
Good lord

Just yesterday I downloaded the (then new) google keyboard 5.0.18 and today they released 5.0.20 ..... at this rate I will be downloading a new keyboard every other day ..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Just yesterday I downloaded the (then new) google keyboard 5.0.18 and today they released 5.0.20 ..... at this rate I will be downloading a new keyboard every other day ..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

To GhostKiller19 yes I am still using 5.1.1 and rooted ...... glad you got your battery problem solved I don't believe you will get it much better than that if your stock .... :good: :cool:

Last edited:

MarcoPLs

Mar 28, 2015
if you guys made to understand russian, or using translator
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=670410&st=3740#entry44617209
Hkernel for Lollipop
is really improved compared to any LP stock kernel; its a Honor 4C kernel but for some reason works here too on the Honor 4X (G play in my case)
its really impressive the performance upgrade and the battery duration, if you want to test it, there it is xD
Good luck!
(You need bootloader unlocked for this, and TWRP 3.1.0.0)(if you dont have TWRP 3.1.0.0, is on that 4PDA if you search good enough :p)
or go here http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1162837
You need to translate from spanish tho, its my own tutorial, but im lazy to translate into english xD
Why do we need twrp? Its boot.img so cant we flash it with fastboot or rashr/flashify app?
Honor 4c and our 4x is build on same base (hi6210sft).

MarcoPLs

Mar 28, 2015
@MarcoPLs you can try, but the russians said that maybe directly on fastboot doesnt work; but DUDE THIS KERNEL IS AWESOME, the 3d performance is crazy good
I flashed and wow that recovery solve problem with mod flashing (i can restore stock recovery and reflash stock rom on bootloop

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Thanks so much i could never find that recovery without you

GhostKiller19

Mar 25, 2016
In the mean time, I should stop worrying about my battery since my Galaxy S2 I9100 lasts for less than a day and my Honor 4X actually lasts more than a day (sometimes) which means my Honor 4X has longer battery life. Some people have low legacy devices with 1500 mAH or less and they're okay with it, but this Honor 4X has 3000 mAH battery capacity and it is better than theirs. So I should learn how to be contented or satisfied with what I have, a 3000 mAH battery and also thank God for giving me this blessing (I just got this phone from my parents because I do very well in school and they say if I do well again in high school, they'll buy me an Honor 5X. Just saying not boasting).

MarcoPLs

Mar 28, 2015
In the mean time, I should stop worrying about my battery since my Galaxy S2 I9100 lasts for less than a day and my Honor 4X actually lasts more than a day (sometimes) which means my Honor 4X has longer battery life. Some people have low legacy devices with 1500 mAH or less and they're okay with it, but this Honor 4X has 3000 mAH battery capacity and it is better than theirs. So I should learn how to be contented or satisfied with what I have, a 3000 mAH battery and also thank God for giving me this blessing (I just got this phone from my parents because I do very well in school and they say if I do well again in high school, they'll buy me an Honor 5X. Just saying not boasting).

That phone is actually very good.
Kirin compared to snapdragon 610 is a little bit worse on int, little bit better on float and almost half better on memory operations (attached screenshot +link:
http://laptopmedia.com/highlights/q...n-kirin-620-benchmark-performance-comparison/

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

97f2a875ac6a512cc8f26147b6c75d70.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

http://www.mytechgarbage.net/2015/04/honor-4x-battle-of-brain-snapdragon-410.html?m=1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock bootloader for Honor 4X (Che2-L11)
    a) Request your bootloader unlock code from huawei by sending email to mobile@huawei.com
    Provide following info
    Mobile Model: Honor 4X Che2-L11
    MEID/IMEI:
    S/N:
    Product ID:
    (to get your product id, enter *#*#1357946#*#*. An 8-digit ID is then displayed)

Patiently wait for 2-3 days, you will received 16-digit number from the return email

b)Download the following files:
    i) Adb fastboot tools + ClockworkMod Recovery for Honor 4x + Honor 4x (che2-L11) original recovery:
    Note: Get the file from post #10
    ii) SuperSU by chainfire : UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.14.zip

iii) Connect honor 4x to your pc and install HiSuite

c)Preparing the phone
    -Enable ‘Developer options’ (Settings > About phone > tap on ‘Build number’ until it’s enabled)
    -Go to ‘Developer options’ and enable ‘USB debugging’
    -Connect Honor 4x to PC (with HiSuite successfully connected)
    -Extract zip file downloaded from b) i) to a folder (e.g. adbtools)
    -Run cmd to get into command prompt from PC and change directory to adbtools
    -On the Command Prompt window type ‘adb devices’, and it will list down device serial number, with a word device following behind.
    -Type ‘adb reboot bootloader’ to kick the phone into Fastboot mode. You will see that your phone boot into a white screen with android robot with the words 'Phone Locked' (in blue)
    -Type ‘fastboot oem unlock unlockingpassword’, where ‘unlockingpassword’ is the 16-digit number you’ve obtained earlier
    -If successful, the phone’s screen will now show ‘PHONE Unlocked’ in red
    -Reboot the phone to make sure everything runs ok.

Flashing custom recovery for Honor 4X (Che2-L11)
    To root your phone, you need to flash a custom recovery to it.
    -Same as earlier step, run cmd to get into command prompt from PC and change directory to adbtools
    -Type ‘adb devices’ to make sure that your phone is properly connected.
    -Type ‘adb reboot bootloader’ to kick the phone into Fastboot mode.
    -Type 'fastboot flash recovery cofface_recovery_che2tl00h.img' (for Kitkat android 4.4)
    -If successful, you’ll get a ‘finished’ confirmation with the time it took to complete the process.
    -To confirm a successful flash, power down your phone. Then go Recovery mode (stock or CWM): Press volume up + power buttons
    -In case you need to turn back to stock recovery, repeat the above steps, Type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery_offical.img' instead and reboot to your original stock recovery.

Rooting Honor 4X (Che2-L11) for KitKat Android 4.4
    -Download Chainfire’s SuperSU ZIP file into the phone’s SD card
    -Boot the device into Recovery mode
    -Navigate into the ‘install zip from sdcard’ option,
    -Find the downloaded SuperSU ZIP file, and flash it.
    -Once done, reboot the Honor 4x and launch the SuperSU app, install the binaries, and reboot the phone again.
    -Congratulations, your device is now rooted.

Rooting Honor 4X (Che2-L11) for Marshmallow Android 6
    -Download recovery file 4C Root+TWRP by inshaalmirza@xda
    Note: we are using TWRP for Honor 4C
    - Extract and flash recovery as same step above using this new recovery img fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    - Download this file and copy to honor4x folder
    - Download supersu zip and copy to honor4x folder
    - Go in TWRP recovery. Do not swipe allow modifications and choose read only for system files...... and then flash that zip file named 1.zip.
    - After its done, restart your phone and if it prompt to install su, ignore it....
    - Open supersu app installed in your phone and let it update its binaries...when done, reboot to recovery again and this time flash BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip
    - Reboot your phone.
    - Now you have successfully rooted Marshmallow
    - Reference: [ROOT][MARSHMALLOW][HONOR 4C]

Final words, do this on your own risks as it voids the phone warranty.
    Please note: This thread is specific to the Che2-L11 model Honor 4x​
    For discussion pertaining to the Che1-L04 model click here.

:confused: Because there are some significant differences between the Honor 4x variants information can get confusing quite easily, therefore I decided to start a thread dedicated to the Che2-L11.

:good: Any information or discussion is welcome as long as it is about this particular model.

:fingers-crossed: Since the device is still relatively fresh, information is scarce. I will try to update and expand this post as we discover the possibilities of our shiny new phone.

Rooting the Che2-L11
    There are currently no known tools or exploits that can be used to gain root under the stock firmware. Unlocking the bootloader will allow full access to the device, however at this time there are no known working custom recoveries or roms.

The official Huawei unlock page doesn't support it as of yet, neither by editing the product model information on that page like it works for some other models. Instead you can send an e-mail to mobile@mail01.huawei.com and provide the same information as requested on the unlock page.

Once you obtain the correct unlock code you can follow the unlocking procedure. Be careful when experimenting with recoveries or roms intended for other or similar models, they may brick or damage your device.

SD Cards >32GB
    Although not officially supported, 64GB cards seem to work fine. The phone will recognise and use their full capacity automatically. It will most likely support 128GB cards as well but this is not yet confirmed.

Model numbers
    The Honor 4x is being sold under several different model numbers divided into two basic groups: Che1 and Che2. Che stands for Cherry.

Che1 is based on the Snapdragon 410 chipset: Che1-CL10 (China/Telecom), Che1-CL20 (China/Netcom), Che1-L04 (India/Flipkart) and Che1-UL00.

Che2 is based on the Kirin 620 chipset: Che2-L11 (Europe), Che2-L12, Che2-L23, Che2-TL00, Che2-TL00H, Che2-TL00M and Che2-UL00.
    Somebody ported TWRP-recovery to the Honor 4C (CHM-CM00), a Phone similar to our 4X with Kirin620.
    Just like the coface-CWM recovery for Android 4.4, this TWRP-recovery also works on our 4X with Lollipop to install SuperSU and have root acces.
    I flashed it and it works, but i didn't test al features like backup etc. Just be carefull, i'm not responsible if you brick your Phone. This recovery is only for devices with Lollipop firmware, so at this moment only if you have installed the 5.1.1 Beta ROM.

Root your Honor 4X (Che2-L11) on Lollipop.
    • First of all, You should Unlock Bootloader. In post 17 on page 2 of this thread you find a tutorial to get the unlock code. If Huawei doesn't respond, maybe you can try the method of [MENTION=337852]Inshaalmirza, but i haven't tested it.
    http://xdaforums.com/general/general/honor-4c-root-twrplollipop-recovery-t3208922
    • Download the file with ADB and TWRP recovery from Google drive from member @inshaalmirza: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0iMDu5QRxNiVUpWRnRrN0tJQjg/view?usp=sharing
    • Unzip it and move the cursor on the folder ADB, hold Shift and the right mouse button and choose "Open Command Window here";

connect your phone to the PC in the "media device";
    at the command prompt and type “ADB Devices”
    then type “ADB reboot bootloader” (the device will reboot mode fastboot);

After your phone has entered bootloader mode (white screen with green android robot) you can flash the recovery:
    type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”
    Then type: “fastboot reboot”

This will reboot your phone.
    Now move the Root.zip file (it is in the downloaded ADB-file) to your SD-card.
    Switch of your phone and reboot it into recovery, by pressing Volume Up+Power button. Your phone boots into recovery mode, with the TeamWin screen.
    Install the root.zip file from your Sd-card, and reboot your phone. Now your phone is rooted, and you can install apps like Titanium Backup, Viper4Android and Xposed 

If You want To flash Stock Recovery again (you need it to update the original Lollipop ROM from Honor that is expected october 20), download the stock-recovery from post #151 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...ms&usp=sharing ) en replace it in the ADB-file.
    Use these commands In Fastboot Mode:
    “fastboot flash recovery stock.img”
    and
    “fastboot reboot”

Credits to @inshaalmirza, Herath and Gizdev.com
    TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Huawei Honor 4X / 4C (based on Kirin SoC)
    I had already compiled TWRP for 4C, so I decided to compile one for 4X. This image removes the 4C CHM-U01 branding and identifies device as 'cherry'. Please test this and report bugs if any.
    Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863138240

Current Bugs (not crucial):
    • Touch might not work on first boot to recovery. Simply hold the power button to forcibly reboot the device. After that, reboot back to recovery and touch will work.
    • You'll get a big red error in recovery logs regarding 3rdmodem not getting mounted due to wrong arguments. It's really a typo error by me and I'll fix it in (maybe) future releases. It's not a big crucial bug and won't affect working of the recovery.

Source Code: https://github.com/muhammadfahadbaig/android_device_huawei_cherry

I need your help :highfive:
    I am currently working on AOSP 6.0.1 for Honor 4C and Honor 4X (Kirin). The current state of the project is unknown as I'm currently doing my first build of the project (which has now failed at sepolicy errors :( ). However, I need all the help I can get. If you have the knowledge about building, I would be really happy if you could help me in getting a pure AOSP experience on our device. Here is the GitHub repo for all people who're interested: https://github.com/HuaweiHonor4C/android_device_huawei_cherry
    Hello. I'm atom1248 from 4pda. I'll post RR updates on xda too.
    I can't post outside links, so visit my home page at 4pda
    RR-N-v5.8.4-20170827-cherryplus-Nightly-b84
    * update kernel to 3.10.107
    * small RR repo updates