Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Hydro Icon & Root

Tip us?

hdjolley
Old
(Last edited by hdjolley; 20th July 2014 at 06:52 PM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up late response

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollardagreat View Post
I Hate Silent Messages But This Is How I Rooted My Hydro Icon
1. Download adb new files
2. Download bin4ry v35 and the pwn script and place in Z2root Folder
3. Put ur phone in debuggin mode and connect ur phone to pc
4. Activate bin4ry by pressing Runme.bat
5. Press option 0
6. Press option 1
7. Download root browser and go to work
8. Download supersu go into setting and make it a system folder and there you go
Rooted Hydo Icon With Supersu
Its Over
I am sorry for not replying sooner..

Mr hater of silent messages summed it up pretty well. I will add these tips as well.

When the script begins it you will see errors/missing/unable to mount etc.
Ignore these..also when the script hangs up for about ten seconds it is rebooting the phone so be patient and allow phone to reboot until it tells you that you can close the script.

In addition I will add that if you ever go into your stock recovery you will loose root and will have to re-root your phone. So keep the root files handy. I had to do this all by trial and error bit I'm glad that there are others who are proactive on posting their errors and efforts and will add anything I can WHEN I can.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Thanks is a lot dallardagreat! I tried your advice with supersu. I had no idea I could do that with supersu. Made me nervouse having use root apps without prompt.

You rock!

Now we need a recovery and some way to flash stock to correct "errors" or should I say r&d?
The Following User Says Thank You to hdjolley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elias98902
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdjolley View Post

Mr hater of silent messages summed it up pretty well. I will add these tips as well.

Ignore these..also when the script hangs up for about ten seconds it is rebooting the phone so be patient and allow phone to reboot until it tells you that you can close the script.

In addition I will add that if you ever go into your stock recovery you will loose root and will have to re-root your phone. So keep the root files handy. I had to do this all by trial and error bit I'm glad that there are others who are proactive on posting their errors and efforts and will add anything I can WHEN I can.
Thanks! But to much steps .-. I'll just wait for a tool like Kingo Root. I'll be honest. I'm that type of lazy person /.\

But once the tool comes out I'll see if me and a team I have can create CM11 for it cuz I hate the Scheme/Theme/OS the Icon has. I guess I'm too use to AOSP Roms CX. But I'll wait. Let me know when there's a tool for the Icon guys! Thanks

hdjolley
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb response and collaboration

It is lot easier then you think man, but I will keep you in mind if and when something like that comes about.

Everyone else... I'm not new to rooting phones this is my sixth one with help of others...if someone knows what the next step is to get closer to a recovery tool I will help if needed. Seems like this phone is too new and I'm not even sure of they have locked bootloaders...

Let's all give what we know so we can start helping each other and others get this where it'd more manageable for development.

Who is in?

What do we need?

What do we need to do to help?

HardmiXx

dollardagreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias98902 View Post
Thanks! But to much steps .-. I'll just wait for a tool like Kingo Root. I'll be honest. I'm that type of lazy person /.\

But once the tool comes out I'll see if me and a team I have can create CM11 for it cuz I hate the Scheme/Theme/OS the Icon has. I guess I'm too use to AOSP Roms CX. But I'll wait. Let me know when there's a tool for the Icon guys! Thanks
Its Not That Complicated. Steps Go Quick, I Just Don't Want Nobody To Mess Up, But The Steps Go Quick....

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdjolley View Post

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Thanks is a lot dallardagreat! I tried your advice with supersu. I had no idea I could do that with supersu. Made me nervouse having use root apps without prompt.

You rock!

Now we need a recovery and some way to flash stock to correct "errors" or should I say r&d?
Once U Make It A System App, Press Re-authentication, (Even If Its Check Already) Check It, Uncheck It, Then Recheck It, Reboot The Phone And It Should Work Now.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I Love The Community, I Dislike Half Answers.....Knowledge Is Power.....Share The Knowledge.....For The Google Experience Launcher....Kit Kat 4.4 Launcher.....Go Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...l-app-t2529594....It Looks Nice And Make The Phone More Google.....

Enjoy....

hdjolley
Old
(Last edited by hdjolley; 21st July 2014 at 01:40 AM.) Reason: spelling...again....
Thanks Meter 2
Cool Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollardagreat View Post
Its Not That Complicated. Steps Go Quick, I Just Don't Want Nobody To Mess Up, But The Steps Go Quick....

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Once U Make It A System App, Press Re-authentication, (Even If Its Check Already) Check It, Uncheck It, Then Recheck It, Reboot The Phone And It Should Work Now.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

I Love The Community, I Dislike Half Answers.....Knowledge Is Power.....Share The Knowledge.....For The Google Experience Launcher....Kit Kat 4.4 Launcher.....Go Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...l-app-t2529594....It Looks Nice And Make The Phone More Google.....

Enjoy....
Agreed, I do as well and It was my fault for not reading his entire post...ADD oops...will work on that...new to this community hacking thing.
oh and if knowledge is power then your like thor or something because you enlightened me twice in one day. thanks for the GEL link.
The Following User Says Thank You to hdjolley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]