[Q]Hydro Icon & Root

10th December 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #41  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 151

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desalesouche

Hi i read your help request in twrp thread and i can try to help you.is there any source about your device?
you will need to provide more than these 2 files for twrp to be compiled...
kernel would be needed but also device information...and some others file(s) like init.rc
can you provide kernel, stock boot.img(or working custom boot.img) ...might be needed some part of official recovery .
What is device resolution?
you can pm me if you want, i can try to compile Twrp for you...
i don't own the device so you will be on your own to push recovery in device and test it.

Hey @desalesouche and @modifhigher did you guys get anything working? I just got my hands on one of these phones, is there any way I could help?
20th December 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #42  
Flag Towson
Thanks Meter: 30

82 posts
More
Stock boot. img for the Hydro Icon
Quote:
Originally Posted by modifhigher

I can get you the stock boot img,im not sure about the kernel id have to be near a pc to split it to get the kernel.as far as i know there is no source.
EDIT:I found a guide to dump & split the boot image on my phonr,and succeeded.i will upload the boot.img,kernel & anything else you need t my dropbox folder ive shared.

Hydro ICON™
Stock Rooted

Do you still have the stock img for the hydro icon? if yes can you please send it to me?
28th December 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #43  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
I just purchased my Hydro Icon and it came with 4.4.2 is there any way i can possibly root this device using my chromebook?
30th December 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #44  

1 posts
Rootgenius didn't work for me either.
Too lazy to try others also worried after report of update bricking.
I basically got is for free so I would have bathtub phone but grew to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGATL

Root Genius works in just a couple minutes. Didn't have any issues at all.

3rd January 2015, 07:44 PM   |  #45  

1 posts
need root
Does anyone ever this device ? Need a root and recovery. 4.4.2 broke my icon life( if i can do somthing to push the process rooting only tell me.
6th January 2015, 09:38 PM   |  #46  

1 posts
possible to root after 4.4.2 update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saper1107

Does anyone ever this device ? Need a root and recovery. 4.4.2 broke my icon life( if i can do somthing to push the process rooting only tell me.

does this still work to root the icon after it"s been updated to 4.4.2? and should i bother at this point? or is there another way? i just my my icon rooted. i had an old hydro... it was easy poot and minstro II did all the work.
10th January 2015, 09:16 PM   |  #47  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
this noob needs help
I bought the hydo icon a few weeks ago and I have been doing my best to find out how to go about rooting. I am nervous because it is my only phone and I've only successfully rooted one other phone. The more i read the more confused i seem to be. Can someone please help me?
28th January 2015, 12:57 PM   |  #48  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 5

64 posts
More
Full system dump
anyone with this full system dump would be very much appreciated. if it's here i must have over read it. please and thank you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread