Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,120 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

install stocked app on samsung galaxy young

Tip us?

aquilian
Old
(Last edited by aquilian; 21st August 2014 at 01:49 PM.) Reason: y instead of young 4) i dnt hav computer
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default install stocked app on samsung galaxy young

hi guys ,

m new here. i am into a problem. i ropted my device and using root explorer deleated gallary app on my samsung young.

since then im not able to set wallpapers. other image viewers might be flashy but coming down to basics and considering third party app size and functionality are no match for stocked gallery app.

i followed numerous ways of getting back the default app installed but its usless.

1)i downloaded secgallery2.apk and its odex file moved them to system/app .rebooted device
secgallery2 files was searched in google. i didnt specify model of my phone. wen i tried to. it just gave me result for galaxy y.
i changed the permission(rw-r-r) and checked ownership(root)

2)tried to install using system installer ..its says installing andp then success but wen i look for the app in menu its not there .nor even functional.hence not installed.

3) i tried to install gallery3d with above two methords no joy.

4) i dnt hav computer
can anyone give me a solution please

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquilian View Post
hi guys ,

m new here. i am into a problem. i ropted my device and using root explorer deleated gallary app on my samsung young.

since then im not able to set wallpapers. other image viewers might be flashy but coming down to basics and considering third party app size and functionality are no match for stocked gallery app.

i followed numerous ways of getting back the default app installed but its usless.

1)i downloaded secgallery2.apk and its odex file moved them to system/app .rebooted device
secgallery2 files was searched in google. i didnt specify model of my phone. wen i tried to. it just gave me result for galaxy y.
i changed the permission(rw-r-r) and checked ownership(root)

2)tried to install using system installer ..its says installing andp then success but wen i look for the app in menu its not there .nor even functional.hence not installed.

3) i tried to install gallery3d with above two methords no joy.

4) i dnt hav computer
can anyone give me a solution please
install Quickpic
it can do anything a stock gallery does and it's way better than stock.
just use once.

press thanks if I helped you.
happy to help you .
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aquilian
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev View Post
install Quickpic
it can do anything a stock gallery does and it's way better than stock.
just use once.

press thanks if I helped you.
but cant set wallpapers on lock screen ...anyways thanks

and i also tried terminal emulator
... this last one has high hopes may be command i entered is wrong may be

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 516

DONATE TO ME
Download a rom based on the same update version you are on and extract the files you need and replace in /system/app with the right permissions and reboot.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]