Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Jiake V6 rom needed please...official or unofficial.

OP justwondering

27th August 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #11  
Flag Burgenland
Thanks Meter: 650

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering

Basically , i was running the standard rom that came with my phone , i changed to NOVA launcher , but the phones normal launcher was still running the background.....so i rooted the phone and froze the original launcher that came with the phone as it was draining the battery.........anyway , i found the phone was running a bit slow , i had installed various apps etc..........Sooooo i thought , just reset the phone .....so because i did not unfreeze the original launcher , when it came to resetting , the phone now has no launcher due to me freezing it !

It looks as if most of the rom is still there as it does load up , it checks for sim cards etc but then stops at that point , even the phone signals come up.

So do you think it is worth using CWM to still back up the rom and use for porting to MIUI Jiake V8 version ?

If so , what command in CWM do i use to make a rom for using in porting .

Thank you for your help.

Have you enabled USB debugging on your phone? You can simply install apps through ADB, so you can install a launcher through ADB and/or push it to system!
27th August 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

100 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDroid

Have you enabled USB debugging on your phone? You can simply install apps through ADB, so you can install a launcher through ADB and/or push it to system!

Hi , i dont think i did , like i say , the phone does not fully boot , because i disabled the original launcher .

so basically , turn phone on , JIake screen , loads , then does not make it to the launcher , it just crashes , so i cannot go into settings etc etc...
27th August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #13  
Flag Burgenland

586 posts
More
Quote:

Hi , i dont think i did , like i say , the phone does not fully boot , because i disabled the original launcher .

so basically , turn phone on , JIake screen , loads , then does not make it to the launcher , it just crashes , so i cannot go into settings etc etc...

But I think you are able to swipe down the statusbar, right? If not, then make a CWM nandroid backup, convert it into a flashable ZIP and port MIUI.
27th August 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:

But I think you are able to swipe down the statusbar, right? If not, then make a CWM nandroid backup, convert it into a flashable ZIP and port MIUI.

In the android recovery (3e) i have the option of Apply update from ADB

i have the following other options

reboot system now
apply update from adb
apply update from sdcard
apply update from cache
wipe data factory reset
wipe cache
backup user data
restore user data

Do i simply backup user data for my rom to port to MIUI ? or is there a simple way using the ADB update ?

With the ADB for the launcher update , how would i do that and how would the system pick up on my choice of launcher ? would i need to edit some lines of code to point towards my choice ?

Thank you for your help.
27th August 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:

Thank you for this , i had not tried to do this , yes i can get into my settings on my phone.... i wiped all the cache etc in the rocovery mode , then rebooted the phone , i then side swiped down to get into my settings.....i set up my google account...but when i load google playstore it just seems to hang...with the loading screen....i can even launch the browser from settings via the Apps setting menu....everything is working...but still no launcher....

i'm still a bit stuck on how to side load something like Nova launcher , so i can get my phone fully funcational again

I had hoped that with been able to set up my google account etc , the google store would of worked , then i could of just downloaded a launcher !

But hey i think i am getting somewhere today with this phone
27th August 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Oooooooooh wow , thank you for the side swipe idea.....i cleared the data for the googlestore via the app settings , re-ticked the agree to google terms and conditions , then downloaded nova launcher !!!! looks as if things are working a bit better again

Brilliant i have even rebooted the phone and it loads straight to NOVA launcher

Can i still unfreeze the old launcher do you think ?

I would still like to convert to MIUI though
27th August 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #17  
Flag Burgenland

586 posts
More
Quote:

Oooooooooh wow , thank you for the side swipe idea.....i cleared the data for the googlestore via the app settings , re-ticked the agree to google terms and conditions , then downloaded nova launcher !!!! looks as if things are working a bit better again

Brilliant i have even rebooted the phone and it loads straight to NOVA launcher

Can i still unfreeze the old launcher do you think ?

I would still like to convert to MIUI though

Nice to hear, that you got your phone working again!
Well, I would now copy the nova launcher to system/app and give rw-r-r permissions to it, so you won'z get problems again!
27th August 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member

100 posts
Quote:

Nice to hear, that you got your phone working again!
Well, I would now copy the nova launcher to system/app and give rw-r-r permissions to it, so you won'z get problems again!

Brilliant , so if i do that , even if i do a full reset will it use nova launcher as my main launcher ?

Which option in my recovery options do i use to make a rom , so i can port to MIUI ?

Thank you every so much
27th August 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #19  
Flag Burgenland

586 posts
More
Quote:

Brilliant , so if i do that , even if i do a full reset will it use nova launcher as my main launcher ?

Which option in my recovery options do i use to make a rom , so i can port to MIUI ?

Thank you every so much

Yes, you can. Well, If you don't have an actual stock ROM then it's not that easy to port it. As you have to make a nandroid backup, then convert it into flashable ZIP. But you actually need to set the right mount points for your device in the updater-script. And I don't know how to find that out. So I would be statisfied with stock ROM!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread