Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

KDLinks a200 (telechips tcc8935) firmware?

OP uscg.matthew

1st September 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Hey everyone! I have been playing with a kdlinks a200 lately for fun.. unfortunately the filesystem has been corrupted and my backup didn't save correctly. I am having some major trouble finding firmware files for this to use. anyone have any ideas? i saw the mele x1000 uses the same chip as this, and i have tried following that proceedure to try and rebuild the filesystem with no avail. how about forcing FWDN to install firmware? the error i get in fwdn is some hardware issue. Thanks!
10th September 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Angry Clarification needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg.matthew

Hey everyone! I have been playing with a kdlinks a200 lately for fun.. unfortunately the filesystem has been corrupted and my backup didn't save correctly. I am having some major trouble finding firmware files for this to use. anyone have any ideas? i saw the mele x1000 uses the same chip as this, and i have tried following that proceedure to try and rebuild the filesystem with no avail. how about forcing FWDN to install firmware? the error i get in fwdn is some hardware issue. Thanks!

I also own an A200 and two Kdlinks HD700s, so I am very familiar with this product.

I have a dedicated network media server with 16 TB of storage configured as a Raid 10, with FreeNas for my operating system. Even though FreeNas can be run from a flash or thumb drive, I have it installed on an SSD drive. I have a backup on a flash drive.

Before I can answer your questions I need to know:

1. When you say file system, are you referring to the A200 firmware (which is not a file system)?

2. Is your media stored on a hard drive, external or internal, that is connected to your A200?

3. Are your files stored on a network media server in a Raid configuration? If so, what is the operating system and what raid configuration are you using and how many drives are in the raid?

4. What method do you use to copy files to your media storage. For example, I use Windows File manager.

If your A200 is working fine, then the firmware is not your problem.

If it is a network server configured as a raid then the problem is either a drive or drives within the raid or the drive the operating system is installed on.

Hopefully the problem is the A200. It hasn't been out that long so it should still be under warranty. I know Eric at Kdlinks, if you contact him (eric_liubo@yahoo.com) he will get back to you withing 24 hrs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread