Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 44,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 data recovery: need help for MTP and SSD

Tip us?

Sharona654
Old
(Last edited by Sharona654; 9th August 2014 at 02:54 AM.) Reason: forgot to mention
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 data recovery: need help for MTP and SSD

Is there a way to recover deleted files from an LG G2? My LG G2 somehow did a factory reset on itself, and I lost all of my pictures and videos, which I'm desperate to recover. All of the data recovery software I've seen so far for android requires USB mass storage; but for the LG G2, software that works with MTP instead would be required. Also, the LG G2 does not have an SD card, so the software would have to work on a SSD. Thank you!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, my phone is rooted, and the computer I'd be using in the recovery process has Windows 8.1. Thanks again!

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Not a lot of options, unfortunately. You can try this one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ech.diskdigger

Works in some cases on certain phones. Can't hurt to try. If it finds something, then probably worth the upgrade to the paid version to actually recover them. Good luck.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sharona654
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your prompt response! I actually do have the diskdigger app on my phone. Previously, just a few of my pictures got deleted (no idea how???) so I then rooted my phone and downloaded diskdigger, and thankfully it was able to retrieve them. But I did try diskdigger again in this scenario (after the factory reset) and unfortunately, it did not work this time. I did back up all of my pix & videos to my external hard drive recently, so I really only "lost" some pix & videos from the last couple weeks...