Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Factory reset after every restart and the internal memory is Zero

Tip us?

mohamed11
Old
(Last edited by mohamed11; 27th November 2013 at 06:18 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] Factory reset after every restart and the internal memory is Zero

hi Evrey one >

at first sorry for my english

my tablet is ( i-life wtab 704) android 4.0.4

today i tried to root my tablet with z4root .

After that i rebooted and everything gone as like as the( factory rest )

so i began to install apps but the system give me a Message said (there is no enough memory)

i checked the storage i found the internal storage zero

then i rebooted it after that . Everything gone !!!!!!

but i noticed something .....

before trying to root my tablet ..i didnt have a recovery mode on my tablet ....when i try to press the 3 buttons (power + volume up + volume down) it didnt refer me to the recovery mode but keeps the screen stand still then reboot ( because its locked i think so)

but after use z4root ...when i do factory reset it shutdown then refer me to the recovery mode mentioning that i didnt install a recovery mode

in the recovery mode

...i made a wipe/factory reset...and made a cache wipe

but nothing happened

and The problem remains as it is

So please.... help me

Tegroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial Let me knw something about ur tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed11 View Post
hi Evrey one >

so i began to install apps but the system give me a Message said (there is no enough memory)

before trying to root my tablet ..i didnt have a recovery mode on my tablet ....when i try to press the 3 buttons (power + volume up + volume down) it didnt refer me to the recovery mode but keeps the screen stand still then reboot ( because its locked i think so)

but after use z4root ...when i do factory reset it shutdown then refer me to the recovery mode mentioning that i didnt install a recovery mode

in the recovery mode

but nothing happened

So please.... help me
Let me knw have u installed app like busybox ?? because i have the same problem but in my case problem is caused by busybox not by root.

I googled and found that busybox is creating issues like this with ICS.

I hope this thread can help U--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1752704. If it works then tell me and if not then message me.

Nirajan 2014
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile solved:- Reset and internal memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamed11 View Post
hi Evrey one >

in the recovery mode

but nothing happened

So please.... help me
This is due to the reason that may be your android is not branded. First of all download the ES file manager. Dont worry it will be installed in Sdcard. Now open the explorer and go to the show hidden file tag in navigation bar, after click on root explorer and click on Mount r\w. For that superuser will ask for granting permission. Now go to device tab and click on search and type busy box which is installed in /system/xbin thus move it to /system/bin/. Now cent percent your problem will be solved.. If you dont find busybox then re root your tab..

Mabboseg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Factory Reset on Restart.

Hi Everyone...
I have a HP 7 Plus (1301) tablet and I rooted it with Root Genius, none of the other rooting programs could root it. After rooting it it installed "King User" app. Now the problem began:
(1) It does factory reset each time I off it and restart.
(2) The above solution of copying the busybox from /system/xbin to /system/bin DID NOT help.
(3) I have no problem with available space on the internal storage, all space is ok when seen in system (app) -> internal storage
(4) I tried updating with its original stock ROM: Doesn't let run any method of update...from int-storage, ext sdcard or adb sideload.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated ..