Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] miscellaneous folder "0" taking up 5 gb

OP MelonDroid

18th August 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
There is a folder on my phone called "0" that is taking over 5 GB of internal storage, I don't think its the ROM because have a 16gb phone and total space is 10.12 GB so I presume its the android system/rom is making it 10gb instead of 16. The weird thing is though is there's a file inside 0 that says android and has a load of app files and stuff in it. I would really appreciate help, and that 5 GB would be very useful. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-17-23-29-03.png
Views:	7
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	2901449  
18th August 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you installed a custom rom like CyanogenMod or the like? Or updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.x + ? It's common due to android adding multiuser support. I find it best to copy everything to a PC, format the internal storage and copy the important stuff back.
19th August 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Have you installed a custom rom like CyanogenMod or the like? Or updated from 4.1.2 to 4.2.x + ? It's common due to android adding multiuser support. I find it best to copy everything to a PC, format the internal storage and copy the important stuff back.

Well I have flashed a few different ROMs, ands I think I have had the same problem. I flashed from stock touchwiz to cyanogenmod, then to paranoid android, then to Jedi ROM x19 which is what I'm on ATM. I know its the 0 folder that's all the memory but I'm not sure if its important.
19th August 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonDroid

Well I have flashed a few different ROMs, ands I think I have had the same problem. I flashed from stock touchwiz to cyanogenmod, then to paranoid android, then to Jedi ROM x19 which is what I'm on ATM. I know its the 0 folder that's all the memory but I'm not sure if its important.

So copy everything to the PC, use a custom recovery to format internal storage then copy back what you need into the right folders you need which will reform after rebooting. This will ensure everything will be where it needs to.
19th August 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
i had the same problem. i send my unit to a repair center and they fixed it but won`t tell me what could be the cause
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread