Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 48,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motorola Mini

Tip us?

raxhunter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Motorola Mini

Hello...

I am currently trying to root my sons Moto Mini Android Version 4.4. I have rooted many other devices in the past (Motorola and Samsung) , but this one is kicking my butt here is what I have done. I have downloaded and ran the latest Motorola driver software, I have downloaded and expanded Fastboot+ADB20926.zip, I have downloaded PwnMyMoto-1.4.3-Droid.apk (for Verizon). I have placed the .apk file in the win32 folder in Fastboot+ADB20926. I click on and open Fastboot+ADB20926 and then shift-right click on the win 32 folder, I select "open command window here", within the command window I type adb install -r pwnmymoto-1.4.3-droid.apk. I do get a response saying dameon running then error: device offline, waiting for device... I have the USB debugging checked and made sure it is running... I have rebooted many times my PC and the cell, I have even tried a different pc and I get the same message.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by raxhunter View Post
Hello...

I am currently trying to root my sons Moto Mini Android Version 4.4. I have rooted many other devices in the past (Motorola and Samsung) , but this one is kicking my butt here is what I have done. I have downloaded and ran the latest Motorola driver software, I have downloaded and expanded Fastboot+ADB20926.zip, I have downloaded PwnMyMoto-1.4.3-Droid.apk (for Verizon). I have placed the .apk file in the win32 folder in Fastboot+ADB20926. I click on and open Fastboot+ADB20926 and then shift-right click on the win 32 folder, I select "open command window here", within the command window I type adb install -r pwnmymoto-1.4.3-droid.apk. I do get a response saying dameon running then error: device offline, waiting for device... I have the USB debugging checked and made sure it is running... I have rebooted many times my PC and the cell, I have even tried a different pc and I get the same message.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Try Towelroot.

www.towelroot.com

Click the Lambda, and install the app. Ignore the warnings, and bypass any AV software. Make it Ra1n. Install SuperSU and RootChecker. If it works, the Superuser binaries should update, and RootChecker will verify root.
Relax, go nutz!