Ask a question

No registration required

Mounting a secondary partition from an SD card in /storage

OP egandt

14th July 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

153 posts
I really thought this would be stupid simple to do, I needed an ext2 partition for link2sd as well as for a very large file (12GB) as fat32 would not support it. This is fine the file is present and the card partition and formatted in Linux. The primary fat32 partition works great, the problem is I'm looking for a simple way to mount the secondary ext2 partition as read/write somewhere that I can access it when I need, link2sd can mount it but it is not access able to browse it (when I can find it which is not often). I really thought no problem just mount it using mount (worst case), but I ca not even locate the block device to mount, it exists I know that from using a card reader, but I can not get Android (even as root) to list the partition tables (fdisk -l shows nothing). mount shows what is mounted, but not the partition that I want.

All I want to do is auto mount a second partition as /storage/XYZ, I figured 5 minutes or that there would be an app to do this, I have not found any and after wasting to much time trying to get it to work, I'm asking here as I'm lost and tired of fighting for something so simple.

Thanks,
ERIC
14th July 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,970

6,115 posts
More
This should help point you down the right path
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2424900
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app