[Q] Missing features in Supernexus rom? Advice needed?

12th July 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
I upgraded my i-727 from 4.2.1 (stock AT&T rom) to the Supernexus 4.4.2 rom (clean flash with ClockwokMod Recovery). I really like it a lot. It is a lot faster then my old bloated stock rom that had become super sluggish and glitchy. There are a couple of things that I really miss from the old rom though, that I would like to get back if I can.

There were two features that I really liked in the old 4.2.1 stock rom that are not present in Supernexus 4.4.2. There was notifications (shortcuts actually) on the lock screen for missed calls and new text messages, and there was also notifications that appeared on the the app icons on the home screen that alerted me to new emails, missed phone calls and new text messages. I don't know the proper terminology to calls these home app icons that showed these notifications, I just call them "Live Widgets". If that is incorrect, please tell me the proper name.

I have looked all over the play store for a lock screen app that would bring back the missed call and new message notification and active shortcuts to my lock screen and have not found anything even remotely similar in appearance and function. As far as the Live Widgets that used to show how many new text messages, missed calls and emails I had; in the Supernexus rom, Hangouts has replaced the messaging app that came with 4.2.1 and it does not offer a live widget and the same is true for the email app and the phone dialer.

To give you a better understanding of what I am talking about here are a couple of pictures from my old lock screen and home screen from 4.2.1. The functions came standard in that rom and were not something that I added or customized. I would really like to get them back if I can.

home screen

Lock Screen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread