Hi guys, after doing some searching for how to root MSI Windpad 71 all I could find were msi 7 threads so I wanted to share with you what I ended up with. This method will work for both 4.0.4 and 4.1.1 Android systems.
First of all, you will need ADB drivers so your computer will recognize the tablet when connected in USB Debugging mode, you can find the Universal ADB drivers here (I took this link from Koushik Dutta's google+).
Secondly you will need Cydia Impactor, this is a tool that will allow you to root your device (This is the main site in case you want to check it).
Once you have both the ADB Drivers and Cydia Impactor we can begin rooting the device. I'll asume you sort of know what you are doing here if you are planning on rooting the tablet but if you have any question feel free to ask.
- Install ADB Drivers (For the drives you need to have the tablet unplugged from the computer).
- Cydia Impactor does not need to be installed, is only a package with a couple libraries and an executable file.
- Turn on USB Debugging
- Connect the device to the computer through usb cable.
- Open Impactor and run the default command hitting Start. The window should look like this
- That should be it, once you have done the steps you should install an app which requires root like Titanium Backup and testdrive your newly rooted Windpad 71.
That made the trick for me and it should be working for you, hope it helps.
PS: I'm not taking credits for neither Koushik's drivers nor Cydia Impactor software, just tryint to make all the information available for easy access for new users that might find this helpful.