Nabi 2 TWRP Not booting but OS is ok

OP xknight2k10

17th August 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a Nabi 2 that I am trying to root using "Nabi 2 ROOT Installer" but during the install I got the issue with TWRP not working with touch screen. I had to reboot the device and it booted ok and tried to do the install again but this time I didn't get an option for "Recovery Kernel", all I could see is what is listed below...

Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

When I reboot using Power+ and the Power button to boot TWRP manualy all I get is the dead android screen.

What do I do and how can I get back to finishing this root?

Thanks
17th August 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 104

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xknight2k10

I have a Nabi 2 that I am trying to root using "Nabi 2 ROOT Installer" but during the install I got the issue with TWRP not working with touch screen. I had to reboot the device and it booted ok and tried to do the install again but this time I didn't get an option for "Recovery Kernel", all I could see is what is listed below...

Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

When I reboot using Power+ and the Power button to boot TWRP manualy all I get is the dead android screen.

Thanks

Can your Android start normally?
Or do you have a bootloop?
17th August 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 712

644 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xknight2k10

Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

Thanks

Which version Nabi software do you have? 2.3.11 and above need a JB TWRP. below 2.3.11 an ICS TWRP. Look at this thread on how to manually flash recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2074501 and here are the versions you will want to try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=76

"Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff"

That is fastboot screen, pressing vol+ will take you back to bootloader screen where recovery kernel is.

" dead android screen." <----- This is the stock recovery TWRP is not installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread