Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nabi 2 TWRP Not booting but OS is ok

Tip us?

xknight2k10
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nabi 2 TWRP Not booting but OS is ok

I have a Nabi 2 that I am trying to root using "Nabi 2 ROOT Installer" but during the install I got the issue with TWRP not working with touch screen. I had to reboot the device and it booted ok and tried to do the install again but this time I didn't get an option for "Recovery Kernel", all I could see is what is listed below...

Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

When I reboot using Power+ and the Power button to boot TWRP manualy all I get is the dead android screen.

What do I do and how can I get back to finishing this root?

Thanks

UltraWelfare
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by xknight2k10 View Post
I have a Nabi 2 that I am trying to root using "Nabi 2 ROOT Installer" but during the install I got the issue with TWRP not working with touch screen. I had to reboot the device and it booted ok and tried to do the install again but this time I didn't get an option for "Recovery Kernel", all I could see is what is listed below...

Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

When I reboot using Power+ and the Power button to boot TWRP manualy all I get is the dead android screen.

Thanks
Can your Android start normally?
Or do you have a bootloop?
Device : Xperia Z1 C6903
Stock ROM .108 Firmware Android 4.4.4

Device : Xperia SP C5303 - DEAD
Custom ROM : Stock .266 Firmware Android 4.3
Bootloader : Locked

Don't forget to click the if I helped

aicjofs
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by xknight2k10 View Post

Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff

Thanks
Which version Nabi software do you have? 2.3.11 and above need a JB TWRP. below 2.3.11 an ICS TWRP. Look at this thread on how to manually flash recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2074501 and here are the versions you will want to try http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=76

"Bootloader
Continue
Reboot-bootloader
Reboot
Poweroff"

That is fastboot screen, pressing vol+ will take you back to bootloader screen where recovery kernel is.

" dead android screen." <----- This is the stock recovery TWRP is not installed.
Read my less technical and uncensored ramblings on Nabi Tablet modding
Nab Tab Hacks