Originally Posted by MARLBORO_R3D
need to up this thread mmm... anybody know to to root this alcatel 985n
Ok.. Hi everybody..
I'm a bit new at this so bare with me....
To root the 985 you basically need this:
- Installed Drivers VERY IMPORTANT!
- Installed ADB shell (To open ADB command prompt go into the install folder of adb -> sdk -> platform tools -> hold SHIFT and right click -> select open command prompt window here) - this was the command line for me - for you it might be different!
- Create ROM backup following these instructions:
- Open ADB command prompt (described above) and enter adb shell cat /proc/mtd
- If all goes well copy the results into notepad and save the file as firmware.info
- After that open MTK 65xx ROM Studio
- Go File -> Load Firmware.info -> select the file you generated earlier
- Notice that the window is now filled with data from your file -> click Create ROM
- Now save that file somewhere easily accessible it's your SCATTER file needed a bit later.
- Open SP Flash Tool (Make sure MT 65x3 USB VCOM drivers are installed )
- Go Options -> USB Mode
- Then press SCATTER-LOADING to the right and select your SCATTER file generated earlier (ignore messages)
- Go into the read-back tab
- Select every checkbox (to make FULL Backup,) or just what you need (Bootimg.img) select where to save Backup!
- When the windows appear make sure that READ PAGE ONLY is selected!
- Press READ BACK (by this point your phone hasn't been connected at all to the PC)
- Now turn off your phone, pull out the battery,hold VOLUME UP, plug the phone in and THEN quickly put the battery back in!!!
- If all goes well you should see one red bar and one or several blue ones (depending on what you selected to backup)
- This can take a while, BOOM Green circle
- BACKUP IS DONE!
- Now on to the rooting stuff:
- In SP Flash Tool (I am expecting that you closed it and opened it again)
- Check to see if USB Mode is enabled (see above)
- Load the SCATTER file again
- Then when you see the files and checkboxes in the window under click on BOOTIMG and SELECT the one
that is attached to this post (!!!!NOTE This is the same BOOTIMG from the serbian video on youtube WE ONLY NEED THE BOOTIMG FROM THIS GUY NOTHING ELSE ESPECIALLY NOT THE SCATTER!!!!)
- Ignore the following messages
- Make sure that your phone is not plugged in, turned off and battery removed
- Press Download, wait 15 sec, plug the phone in THEN insert battery
- Wait for it.. (Nice one)
- A yellow bar will go across and BOOM Green circle
AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE FLASHED YOUR BOOTIMG IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS RIGHT THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS, IF IT'S DONE WRONG YOUR PHONE MIGHT NOT RECOGNIZE THE SIM CARD (IF THIS HAPPENS DO THE LAST STEP AGAIN BUT WITH THE BOOTIMG FROM THE BACKUP)
- Unplug phone, remove battery, insert battery -> BOOT
If it boots, OK, if not flash back with backup (see above written in BIG letters
- Download SuperOneClick and open it
- Plug in your phone TURNED ON!
- Click Root. Reboot. DONE
If anything else pops up you have a problem with the drivers make sure that the drivers are correctly installed (stupid Windows rrrr...)
Now you have rooted you ALCATEL OT-985n/d and can do all kinds of crazy stuff...
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE, YOU, OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY.
WON'T BE HELD AT CHARGE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP, FALLS DOWN AND ERRADICATES HALF OF THE HUMAN RACE AS A RESULT OF MOLECULAR MUTATION CAUSED BY THE GAMA RADIATION BLA BLA YOU GET MY DRIFT..
THIS POST IS A RESULT FROM VARIOUS POSTS (and screwing up my phone multiple times) PUT TOGETHER IN THE METHOD THAT WORKED FOR ME!
WOULD LIKE TO THANK
- this is all yours buddy :good
and every other member that banged their head at this for days.. screwed up their phone at least twice and had the nerve to cope!