OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi,

Is there an app that backups & restores these things (and maybe more):
1. All apps data
2. All photos (camera, whatsapp, mms)
3. SMS messages, preferably to GMail
4. WhatsApp messages ("exploded" - meaning, not just upload the msgstore.db file)

I'm looking for something automatic, that will backup things as they arrive (e.g. after I take a photo), or hourly/nightly, and that knows to upload the new data to a cloud service.

I know a mix of Titanium & Google + & SMS Backup+ can do these things (SMS Backup+ can't restore whatsapp messages and only backsup nightly, not as whatsapp messages arrives, and can't backup crypt7 files (tri-crypt can decrypt, but for me SMS backup didn't trigger afterwards)). Titanium also failed to upload backups for me (for reasons unclear. the message it gives in the notification is cut off)

Nandroid backup will contain everything, but can't be done nightly and the file is huge, so can't be uploaded. I think it also means that if I change phones, it can't be used for restore.

Basically, I don't want to mess with it. Have it work in the background, send everything to a cloud storage and allow me to restore, even if I switched to a new phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup
Previous Thread Next Thread