[Q] [P769] Best ROMs for LG P9 P769?

10th July 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Noob here! I'm getting ready to try my hand at rooting and unlocking the bootloader on the LG P769 that my friend gave me. I'm somewhat tech savvy, but some of the rooting and unlocking guides are a bit confusing to me. Not too confusing to turn me away though. At any rate, I'm looking for a good ROM to use with my P769 before I root and unlock. From what I've researched so far, the P769 isn't as easy as most other phones. Especially, seeing as mine is running v20H even after a hard reset of the phone. All I've heard so far about rooting and unlocking P76920H is "Damn you LG!" There is one thread I keep coming across (and losing track of because I forget to bookmark it :P ) with lots of colorful lettering that looks promising to me. Maybe because I'm a noob, maybe because I like colorful shiny things... Who knows, but I think I'm ready to try it if I can find it again.

Back to the subject at hand, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a ROM for my LG P769 US T-Mobile once I get around to rooting and unlocking it. I'd love to be able to just use the v20H firmware with app2sd enabled. Wondering also if any type of Nexus software, preferably 4.4.2? would run on it? I'm sure I'll receive some "Stupid Noob!!" comments, but I'll accept them with gratitude, as I am new to this and studying the ins and outs of how all this rooting and unlocking stuff works. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I've done a little research on official and unofficial ROMs for the P769, but everyone with this phone seems to feel forgotten because there are lots of mods for the other P9 models and the P769 is like an unhatched goose egg. I love the phone, just want to get rid of all the bloatware and enable app2sd support. Perhaps rooting, toying with SuperUser and flashing the app2sd enabling scripts would be my best route? hehe... help! please?

Thanks for reading. Hope I'm posting in the right spot. They said Android questions big and small.

Recommendations on LG P769 ROMs anyone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread