"Package Installer Has Stopped"

Search This thread

justinthind

Apr 22, 2016
Hi I'm 16 and new to the whole rooting thing. I just rooted my phone yesterday for the first time and everything seemed to go perfectly. Everything works so much faster and my phone looks so much nicer with the new customization features. I'm glad I finally rooted it. Then I found out that my "Package Installer" does not work. Every time I try to uninstall an app or install an APK from the browser, it says "unfortunately Package Installer has stopped." I cannot even open "My Files" due to this. I also can't do things such as enabling the weather in my status bar. I thought that maybe it was just a faulty Resurrection Remix ROM but then I have tried a few other ones now too. If anyone can help me with this one problem I would appreciate it very much.

EDIT: Here's another person that has ran into this problem just 3 days ago: android.stackexchange.com/questions/142769/package-installer-has-stopped-working-after-updating-to-cos13-marshmallow (You can Copy and Paste the link. It won't let new members posts URLs)

Last edited:

LoverBoy2415

Jun 29, 2015
Some where in INDIA
Hi I'm 16 and new to the whole rooting thing. I just rooted my phone yesterday for the first time and everything seemed to go perfectly. Everything works so much faster and my phone looks so much nicer with the new customization features. I'm glad I finally rooted it. Then I found out that my "Package Installer" does not work. Every time I try to uninstall an app or install an APK from the browser, it says "unfortunately Package Installer has stopped." I cannot even open "My Files" due to this. I also can't do things such as enabling the weather in my status bar. I thought that maybe it was just a faulty Resurrection Remix ROM but then I have tried a few other ones now too. If anyone can help me with this one problem I would appreciate it very much.

EDIT: Here's another person that has ran into this problem just 3 days ago: android.stackexchange.com/questions/142769/package-installer-has-stopped-working-after-updating-to-cos13-marshmallow (You can Copy and Paste the link. It won't let new members posts URLs)

Try Wiping Dalvik Cache & Cache in Your Recovery & Reboot .. See The Error Occurs Again or Not .. Or Try Wiping The Cache & Data of the Package Installer Apk in Settings/Apps/Package Installer ..
If these Two Doesn't Work ,Try Clean Flashing The ROM Again ..

Even After The Clean Flash It occurs Means..Then Its The RR ROM Issue Which You Have Installed ..
Report It to the OP, ROM Thread In XDA or Other Sites On Where You Have Downloaded The ROM ,So That They Will Take A Look About This Error ..

Good Luck :) ..

Reactions: justinthind

justinthind

Apr 22, 2016
Okay the above solutions did not work; however, I was wondering if it was possible to just uninstall and reinstall package installer. I know how to uninstall it, I just haven't tried to do it yet because I don't know where I would even find it or how I would reinstall it (since there won't be a package installer on my phone). Does anyone know anything that would help me try to solve the problem this way? Any other solutions altogether? Thanks!

sheaky

Dec 5, 2010
Hey guys i just want add some input, i was having same problem on Samsung Galaxy S6 marshmellow. wiping cache/ delvick cache gave me only a little help. but this was basically because of one app called APP LOCK , i uninstalled that and then all is fine now.
Hope this help.

Reactions: jamesug

jamesug

May 17, 2010
Thank you so so much!

Bro,
I have been struggling with my phone and the inability to load apps via apk or uninstall apps unless I go to Roy the play store and I could not figure out why it was driving me crazy. Just came across your poss and gave it a try. Always had that app on my phone but never used it. Uninstalled it and finally free. Thank you so much. I have suffered OMG

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
I had to remind myself that the solution to this problem on my phone is to re-enable Download manager. I disable Download manager as a way to keep from getting certain updates and if it's disabled package installer will stop working.

D

Deleted member 9635294

I am 11 and wants to help you

First download Magisk v20.4.
Then install it via twrp.
Download aptoide to computer.
Run adb install <your file directory> in cmd (or powershell and add .\ before adb).
At last open aptoide and turn on update for system apps,install beta apps and root installation. It will request root access.Grant the root access to it.Done.You can install any app on aptoide.If not on aptoide send the apk to me and I will upload it.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

First download Magisk v20.4.
Then install it via twrp.
Download aptoide to computer.
Run adb install <your file directory> in cmd (or powershell and add .\ before adb).
At last open aptoide and turn on update for system apps,install beta apps and root installation. It will request root access.Grant the root access to it.Done.You can install any app on aptoide.If not on aptoide send the apk to me and I will upload it.

Yricko

Oct 25, 2022
Here's a fix.

If the same problem occurs throughout serveral Roms, And you use a custom Theme, Then the theme is "probably" the issue.

Happened to me on both SpaceOS and Odyessy, I changed the theme to default and it worked.

Maybe it works?

I don't know why the theme messes the package installer up tho.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try Wiping Dalvik Cache & Cache in Your Recovery & Reboot .. See The Error Occurs Again or Not .. Or Try Wiping The Cache & Data of the Package Installer Apk in Settings/Apps/Package Installer ..
    If these Two Doesn't Work ,Try Clean Flashing The ROM Again ..

Even After The Clean Flash It occurs Means..Then Its The RR ROM Issue Which You Have Installed ..
    Report It to the OP, ROM Thread In XDA or Other Sites On Where You Have Downloaded The ROM ,So That They Will Take A Look About This Error ..

Good Luck :) ..
    Hey guys i just want add some input, i was having same problem on Samsung Galaxy S6 marshmellow. wiping cache/ delvick cache gave me only a little help. but this was basically because of one app called APP LOCK , i uninstalled that and then all is fine now.
    Hope this help.