Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone not booting up, dark screen, fear of bricking!

OP Goushique

25th August 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello guys. I have this Amaway A725 Tablet which I have rooted a month before. I tried to change the boot animation, which was when my tablet started rebooting and stuck at boot screen. Then I managed to install device drivers for MTK 6572. Then I tried to boot into bootloader using adb reboot-bootloader. My tab switched off and now I cannot even switch it on. I fear that I would have bricked my tablet. Please help me.
25th August 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Alessandria
Thanks Meter: 116

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goushique

Hello guys. I have this Amaway A725 Tablet which I have rooted a month before. I tried to change the boot animation, which was when my tablet started rebooting and stuck at boot screen. Then I managed to install device drivers for MTK 6572. Then I tried to boot into bootloader using adb reboot-bootloader. My tab switched off and now I cannot even switch it on. I fear that I would have bricked my tablet. Please help me.

I don't know the device, but I don't think you can brick a device just by changing the boot animation.

Can you reboot in recovery? If so, do a full wipe

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
25th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnoob34

I don't know the device, but I don't think you can brick a device just by changing the boot animation.

Can you reboot in recovery? If so, do a full wipe

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

A factory reset would not affect the boot animation in any way,shape, or form.

OP: You'll have to see if you can find the stock firmware somewhere. Unfortunately, with little to no documentation and not much incentive for manufacturers making cheap android stuff to bother with all that, it could be quite a task.
26th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

A factory reset would not affect the boot animation in any way,shape, or form.

OP: You'll have to see if you can find the stock firmware somewhere. Unfortunately, with little to no documentation and not much incentive for manufacturers making cheap android stuff to bother with all that, it could be quite a task.

Yep I tried factory reset from the Android System Recovery, by pressing the Vol+ and Power Keys. But now I count switch it on by any means and key combinations and I cannot remove the battery because it is irremovable. But if I plug it into my PC Device Manager shows this device "MTK USB Port" connecting and disconnecting. So what do I do?
26th August 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Found the firmware and downloading it from Amaway.cn website. But what do I do now, how shud I flash it, bcoz my tab wouldn't start up by any means, no recovery, no fastboot, not even showing the charging status. Please guyz I totally depend on u, help me !!!
26th August 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Clock
Folks, tried using the MTk USB Port and Mtk Droid Tools, but how to get the firmware.info or pmt file for it?
27th August 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Exclamation
BROM ERROR : S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL (2005)

[BROM] Can not pass bootrom start command! Possibly tartget power up too early.
[HINT]:

What do u mean by this???? I used SP Flash Tool v5.1348.00

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread