Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone doesn't start with the new launcher. What to do?

OP houngyai

12th November 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
So, I bought a cheap non-branded chinese android smartphone. The handset was full of useless pre-installed apps and I just cleaned them out. I rooted the phone with the VRoot tool and it looked like everything goes well, untill I made a factory reset. I installed a new launcher, of course to the /system/app/ folder and it worked with it. The phone has some kind of startup setup (like the iPhones) which comes up after the reset, before the launcher could start. In this procedure, the last step is to tap on an android logo to begin using the phone. So for now, even if I tap it for a houndred of times, the thing won't start, it sticks in this setting window. I pretty much think, this happens because of the new launcher, because the app is probably looking for the old one. Now I am in the deep sh***t.

The followings are known:

- I can't use ADB to repair it, because the factory reset automatically unchecks the USB debugging.
- No firmware or recovery backup available to reflash the handset. The phone has a qualcomm MSM7225 CPU.
- I have the factory apps.
- The phone has factory recovery, so I can't install custom backup.
- I can enter in fastboot mode.

I think, this is all I know. Anyone has some advice to repair it?

Thanks is advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread