[Q] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help with galaxy s4 bootloop

OP Salman Abid

10th July 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hi everyone please help me with my problem i have a Galax s4 and I just wanted to ask you people if everything that you change e.g. the system files while your phone was rooted change automatically after you unroot your phone or do you have to set them your self to default??
Please answer quickly as i need to do something about my phone soon or i will be in big trouble

the phone is rooted and with super user installed and is factory reset ???

Also i am new to xda and dont really know how to use it so if there any problems I apologise
Last edited by Salman Abid; 10th July 2014 at 09:57 PM. Reason: it was a bit confusing
11th July 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 224

352 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman Abid

Hi everyone please help me with my problem i have a Galax s4 and I just wanted to ask you people if everything that you change e.g. the system files while your phone was rooted change automatically after you unroot your phone or do you have to set them your self to default??
Please answer quickly as i need to do something about my phone soon or i will be in big trouble

the phone is rooted and with super user installed and is factory reset ???

Also i am new to xda and dont really know how to use it so if there any problems I apologise

I'm pretty sure that changing anything in the system while your phone is rooted will stay in system regardless if you unroot. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) only way to revert your changes would be to manually do it through a root file manager app or to flash stock firmware again. (Flashing the official firmware will unroot and pretty much set your phone back to stock)
12th July 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnoicatse

I'm pretty sure that changing anything in the system while your phone is rooted will stay in system regardless if you unroot. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) only way to revert your changes would be to manually do it through a root file manager app or to flash stock firmware again. (Flashing the official firmware will unroot and pretty much set your phone back to stock)

Hi, thanks for the message and you were right, if you flash the stock firmware it unrolls and sets everything back to default and that's what I did and now my phone is working perfect. Btw will I still receive OF A updates for my phone since its uprooted and I have the stock firmware too.. I think the binary counter is not reset. :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread