Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Power button not working. Need a work around APP

Tip us?

xringo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Power button not working. Need a work around APP

Hello. Recently my Galaxy s2 power button hasn't been working. As in when I either hold it down or press it, it doesn't lock the screne or pull the power menu. It works now and then but yeah I have to press it over and over again.I plan on getting it repaired soon but I'm looking for an workaround. I've seen apps that let me turn my phone off, lock it and such but nothing brings open the power menu button with screenshot, recovery mode, airplane mode and such. Is there anything like that out there? That with a press of the button it would open up my power menu options

soyuz4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default try rom manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by xringo View Post
Hello. Recently my Galaxy s2 power button hasn't been working. As in when I either hold it down or press it, it doesn't lock the screne or pull the power menu. It works now and then but yeah I have to press it over and over again.I plan on getting it repaired soon but I'm looking for an workaround. I've seen apps that let me turn my phone off, lock it and such but nothing brings open the power menu button with screenshot, recovery mode, airplane mode and such. Is there anything like that out there? That with a press of the button it would open up my power menu options
try rom manager. it has a rebooter which has all the options with it like reboot normal, download mode or recovery mode
give it a try. i use it very frequently

joke19
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quickboot from playstore

Gesendet von meinem Xperia SP

sumit77seo
Old
Thanks Meter 54

DONATE TO ME
Or you can try this app Power Button.
If I am helpful, press the thanks button!!

xringo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks for the replies. But is there one with an screenshot one? I want to take some screen shots but non of these seem to have it..

hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 7th July 2014 at 09:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 436
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xringo View Post
Thanks for the replies. But is there one with an screenshot one? I want to take some screen shots but non of these seem to have it..
Use "Button Savior" from Play Store.
It is just HW buttons on screen including power button. (Like Nexus On-Screen Keys)
And it has long press power menu also, which shows Screenshot, Airplane, Silent etc.

P.S.
[Free advice]
If you get that button repaired, use something like Proximity Sensor based app which locks and unlocks phone screen. So power button will be used less.
(I know this consumes a bit more battery, but still battery is lot cheap and easy to change than power button)
[/Free Advice]

Press Thanks if helped.

Sent from my GT-I9001 Gadget of Mass Destruction with CM11 using XDA Developers App.