[Q] Problem with flashing Allwinner A13

18th August 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hey guys,

Recently I ordered the Allwinner A13 (Q88) from DealExtreme. I wanted to flash a custom ROM onto it, but following all the guides I still can't manage to get it. First of all, I noticed that the firmware it came is 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, as opposed to 4.1 as they had written on the site. Anyways, I managed to get the storage drivers (computer can see the device and I can put files onto it), but I'm not sure about ADB, because the computer says nothing when I connect it in debug mode and it just makes a noise that a USB device is connected. I tried using LiveSuit to flash it, and after watching some guides that tell you to hold down the volume + key and press the power button 6 times, I found out it only works when I hold down the power button, and even when I do that it says that the USB device is not regognized (error 43). I have Windows 8.1, but I tried to do the same thing on my Vista laptop, and after I do that there, it connects and disconnects, and says that the device was unplugged. I wanted to know, how can I flash it? Is it a driver problem or the tablet is just faulty in that matter? I tried using Uberizer and that doesn't find my device as well. I would really be thankful if someone could help me out, because I want to install a custom ROM. Thanks!
18th August 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Have you tried the Tech Know forums : http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php?board=130.0 ? They are quite resourceful when it comes to cheap tablets or devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread