Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 42,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

play music won't download music

Tip us?

bduke97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default play music won't download music

Every time I try to download my music through Google play music it does not work. I am noticing this problem more on my nexus 7 but there have been some occurances on my galaxy s 4.

I have tried all basic trouble shooting. I have cleaned chache, force stop, clear data, uninstall and reinstall up dates, also I have tried to download different tracks in case there a problem with a certain one. I even got so desperate I did a factory reset on my nexus 7.

Any thoughts besides what I have mentioned above are greatly appreciated. I am getting desperate.

edgemaster191
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I'm having the same problem! It's driving me crazy. I've tried clearing cache, uninstalling the app, trying different songs / playlists.

I've tried two different ROM's thinking that maybe it was the new ROM I installed. Also having similar issues on my tablet. Both devices will download some tracks then fail with others but it's never the same songs or playlists.

My phone is a Verizon HTC One M8 and i'm having trouble on Sense ROM's, GPE and LiquidSmooth as well as issues on my Verizon LG G Pad 8.3
In my pocket:
Device: Verizon HTC One
ROM: NuSenseSIX
Kernel: Stock

Verizon LG GPad 8.3
ROM: Stock for now.

On my desk:
Asus G73JH - A1
i7 720qm 1.6ghz
16gb DDR3
Radeon 5870m w/1gb DDR5
2x 500gb HD's (1x Seagate Momentus XT)
8x BD-ROM/DVD-RW
17.3 inch Full HD LED Display

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/edge191

bduke97
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have solved my problem. The problem was that I had just recently uploaded an album and Google tried to match some of my songs with theirs so it would upload faster. Well I found out I couldn't play the songs they matched. I deleted them and bam everything is fine now.

If that doesn't work for you I contacted Google and they said that with the most recent Google play music update there is a known problem that you can't download songs and they are working on it. Hang tight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bduke97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edgemaster191
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bduke97 View Post
I have solved my problem. The problem was that I had just recently uploaded an album and Google tried to match some of my songs with theirs so it would upload faster. Well I found out I couldn't play the songs they matched. I deleted them and bam everything is fine now.

If that doesn't work for you I contacted Google and they said that with the most recent Google play music update there is a known problem that you can't download songs and they are working on it. Hang tight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks for the info. I haven't uploaded anything to my library in over a year so I doubt that's the issue.

Guess i'll just tough it out. Ugh.
In my pocket:

Verizon LG GPad 8.3

On my desk:
Asus G73JH - A1
i7 720qm 1.6ghz
16gb DDR3
Radeon 5870m w/1gb DDR5
8x BD-ROM/DVD-RW

nsmith4
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgemaster191 View Post
Thanks for the info. I haven't uploaded anything to my library in over a year so I doubt that's the issue.

Guess i'll just tough it out. Ugh.
I'm having the same issue, have you been able to find a fix? I contacted Google and am waiting for their email.

edgemaster191
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmith4 View Post
I'm having the same issue, have you been able to find a fix? I contacted Google and am waiting for their email.
Unfortunately no. I contacted google support and I'm still waiting for a reply. My temporary solution was to install Spotify and try out their free trial.
In my pocket:

Verizon LG GPad 8.3

On my desk:
Asus G73JH - A1
i7 720qm 1.6ghz
16gb DDR3
Radeon 5870m w/1gb DDR5
8x BD-ROM/DVD-RW

The Following User Says Thank You to edgemaster191 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]