Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problems After Fastboot Reset

OP ThatDroidUser

24th July 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So I considered posting this to other forums on other sites but given the slightly more advanced nature I thought XDA would be more appropriate.

Here is my issue:
I have a Droid Maxx, that is stock no root and is encrypted, the other day I went to run a factory data reset through fastboot and realized almost immediately the error in what I had done. Now when I boot up the phone it still asks for and encryption key but mine does not work, it is my understanding that through ADB a command of something along the lines of "erase user data" can be run and resolve this... but I have another issue. I had recently run another factory data reset and because of this my USB debugging is disabled and as far as I can tell that makes ADB pretty much useless.

So in summary I am trying to:

1. Enable USB debugging in some way other than through the phone menu because that is not an option.
2. If successful clear my user data and return my phone to a stock image.

I have all my data backed up so I don't care what happens to the data on the phone, I am just looking to get it back to a "out of the box/post factory data reset state". If there are other ways of accomplishing this than what I asked above then by all means let me know.

I could not seem to find anything here that led me in the right direction so my apologies if this has already been discussed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread