MTK6575 Android 4.0.4 build: ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2 OneClick ROOT Method
This is a modified Haipai I9220 root method used to ROOT the MTK6575 Dual Sim Android 4.0.4 chinese tablet phone with build number ALPS.ICS.MP.V2.2.
NOTE: This method may well work for other Android 4.0.4 devices but has not been tested.
This is a ONE CLICK root method but needs setting up before use.
Before using this method please make sure you have your usb cable driver installed and working! (search the net for MTK65xx usb driver on google if you dont have it already)
First of all Download the attachement file Android 4.0.4 mtk6575 Alps.ICS.MP.V2.2 ROOT.rar and extract it to you system using winrar. Then
1. Go to your device settings and turn OFF usb debugging and connect the device to the pc using the cable and select "Turn on Usb Storage" on your device when the prompt appears.
2. Now your internal memory and sd card should be mounted on your computer as drives e.g F:\ and G:\ so you should be able to access your devices internal memory and sd card as drives in my computer or windows explorer, go to your devices internal memory drive on widows explorer (NOT THE SD CARD DRIVE) e.g the first of the two drives and
3. Locate a folder called ‘ data’ (if its not already there create it) and open it
4. Create a new folder inside 'data' folder and name it “local” . Remember it is without apostrophy
5. Open the local folder created and create another folder inside the local folder. Name this folder “tmp”
6. Open ‘Root- without- unlock- folder’ (It is in the file that you downloaded and extracted to your hard drive) and copy both “su.file” and ‘superuser.apk’ files to ‘tmp’ folder you created on your devices mounted internal memory drive.
7. Now turn off usb storage on your device and unplug your device
8. Go to settings, developer options, make sure usb debugging is checked this time (ON)
9. Plug in your device again (it may also be wise to enable "stay awake" option in developer options so your screen wont switch off and you will be able to see whats happening on your device).
10. Open Root haipai I9220 folder. (It is in the file that you downloaded and extracted to your system)
11. Double click root.bat and carefully follow the on screen instruction
12. After it is completely done and your device is rebooted for the 3rd time, there will be a prompt to allow superuser installation on your device because the option will come up on your device after restart, choose accept or allow and thats it your device is fully rooted!
To make sure your device is rooted you should now see a new app called superuser in your device.
NOTE: Make sure you dont unplug the cable halfway during the root process or you may brick your device!!!!
All thanks and credits go to the original developers of the programs and to femmy4us for bringing it to us and sharing it with us.
Last edited by alz_uk; 23rd November 2012 at 08:55 PM.