[Q] Suggest an Android phone for this specific need

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By badplanet, Junior Member on 7th August 2014, 07:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am looking for a way to download device apps such as the Kreyos phone app ( these are all free apps) from Google Play store and be able to get those apk's off of the phone and on to my Android tablet.

I have been using a Nexus 7 which has worked well but the last couple of devices I have purchased, Google Play will not allow me to download the apk because my Nexus 7 is not a phone. So the question is what would be the recommended pre-owned device I should get that will still allow me to download apps meant for an Android phone but still allow me to get to both Google Play and the apk when downloaded.

I realize it is probably a stupid question but I do not know if any Android phone would work like a Galaxy or only a Nexus would work. Would it have to be unlocked?

If it makes a difference, I use Verizon but if a suitable phone was not available or too expensive, I would be willing to go with a phone I could not use on Verizon but still use Google Play on.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Last edited by badplanet; 7th August 2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Forgot title
8th August 2014, 12:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 697
Donate to Me
Root the Nexus and change the build.prop to say, a Nexus 5, so the Play Store thinks it's a phone.

This article is a bit older, but explains what doing this means and how to do so.

Just plug in an appropriate newer phone for the settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread