[Q&A] [OFFICIAL THREAD] Lenovo K3 NOTE [CWM/ROOT]

Search This thread

dude_creative

Apr 13, 2012
Chennai
How to get out of the twrp loop? Can you assist by escalating to other gurus? Thanks a lot,
You should have an external SD card - Get the limonchelo ROM from the below thread and place inside the sd card using card reader from your computer.
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/organized-thread-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t3158522

Then you may put the SD in the phone and go to TWRP. In TWRP choose Install the limonchelo zip from /external_sd folder.

If none of the method works, you have to do SP Flashtools method, and flash the ROW ROM
Procedure:
http://www.gizchina.com/2015/07/19/tutorial-stock-rom-cwm-google-play-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t5/

ftechno

Oct 26, 2012
hi friends, please i need direct link for TWRP 2.8.7.0 V3 by AtlonX2. i can not bypass the 4pda captcha ???

kyc

Jul 29, 2015
You should have an external SD card - Get the limonchelo ROM from the below thread and place inside the sd card using card reader from your computer.
http://xdaforums.com/android/development/organized-thread-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t3158522

Then you may put the SD in the phone and go to TWRP. In TWRP choose Install the limonchelo zip from /external_sd folder.

If none of the method works, you have to do SP Flashtools method, and flash the ROW ROM
Procedure:
http://www.gizchina.com/2015/07/19/tutorial-stock-rom-cwm-google-play-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t5/

Ok. I will lay out my assumptions in what I will do . Please correct if wrong and give solutions where possible.

1) I cannot use spflashtools as that requires the ROM to be in USB debugging mode. I just restored my default ROM with that setting off
prior to TWRP looping
2) I cannot use spflashtools as that requires phone to be powered off ( with battery still in ). Why cannot? Because if the USB port supplies
power, the phone will temporarily show charging animation, before booting into TWRP!
3) So I need to try installing ROW ROM from within TWRP. In the resource page http://xdaforums.com/android/development/organized-thread-lenovo-k3-note-k50-t3158522, the ROW ROM is listed. Is that ROW ROM already in the right format for TWRP to install?

Thanks

Last edited:

hemeroidman

Oct 25, 2011
root method

Hi guys anyone tried this method to root

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4PQqRXSUa4

there seems to be no PC involvement which is a bonus for me as my Windows laptop is frankly going to brick my K3

blazeblaze456

Nov 2, 2013
Best custom rom for high end gamimg

Which custom ROM is the best for high end games like Modern Combat 5, Asphalt 8 , NOVA 3? Please suggest me the custom rom on which these games run smoothly.

Also is it possible to unroot my K3 Note (K50a40) Indian Version after rooting it? Is it possible to switch back to original K50a40 stock ROM for getting OTA updates after installing custom rom?

dude_creative

Apr 13, 2012
Chennai
Ok. I will lay out my assumptions in what I will do . Please correct if wrong and give solutions where possible.

1) I cannot use spflashtools as that requires the ROM to be in USB debugging mode. I just restored my default ROM with that setting off
prior to TWRP looping

Thanks
Sp tools Not needed to be in debugging mode. Spflashtools even works on brick that is full formatted ( but don't choose format option imei will lose). I heard it can also work without battery connected.
ROW ROM can't be flashed thru twrp, better avoid it has WiFi bugs now (s117)

Go to his index page and download this -++[LiMoNcHeLo NovAMoD MDSTeam VibeAosP]++ it is better than stock and is full English, nothing Chinese.
It can be flashed thru twrp from SD card..

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Which custom ROM is the best for high end games like Modern Combat 5, Asphalt 8 , NOVA 3? Please suggest me the custom rom on which these games run smoothly.

Also is it possible to unroot my K3 Note (K50a40) Indian Version after rooting it? Is it possible to switch back to original K50a40 stock ROM for getting OTA updates after installing custom rom?
This is the *only" ROM for now is best for gaming suggested by Bidhyadhar and has nil lags almost. VIBEUI_V2.5_1529_5.1063.1_ST_K50-T5_WCBD which is the latest Chinese ROM.
Flash it thru twrp and NOT stock recovery. Download link below.
https://yadi.sk/d/f2E2OP4ni3CX5
You should take responsibility of removing Chinese apps and installing gapps. :eek:
To switch back to Indian ROW ROM simply flash with sp tools and u may receive ota after that.

hackerpower

Feb 4, 2013
Lisbon
Sp tools Not needed to be in debugging mode. Spflashtools even works on brick that is full formatted ( but don't choose format option imei will lose). I heard it can also work without battery connected.
ROW ROM can't be flashed thru twrp, better avoid it has WiFi bugs now (s117)

Go to his index page and download this -++[LiMoNcHeLo NovAMoD MDSTeam VibeAosP]++ it is better than stock and is full English, nothing Chinese.
It can be flashed thru twrp from SD card..

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

This is the *only" ROM for now is best for gaming suggested by Bidhyadhar and has nil lags almost. VIBEUI_V2.5_1529_5.1063.1_ST_K50-T5_WCBD which is the latest Chinese ROM.
Flash it thru twrp and NOT stock recovery. Download link below.
https://yadi.sk/d/f2E2OP4ni3CX5
You should take responsibility of removing Chinese apps and installing gapps. :eek:
To switch back to Indian ROW ROM simply flash with sp tools and u may receive ota after that.

For all downloads related to our phone please check my index thread.

hackerpower

Feb 4, 2013
Lisbon
Yeah, but no link for 1529 ST Rom. [emoji6]

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

Yes there is! Damn you're blind! It's the first link under ROMS!

ROMS
Flashable through SP FlashTools/Recovery

All Official ST/DEV/ROW Roms + OTA

There's even a mirror link! That's your problem you don't see well!

Here's the direct link for you blind boy: https://mega.nz/#F!DkxVWSbZ!5TlqY7Ge_YuvKzSn7X52Wg
And the mirror: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Cvj7/3U5rjvc6s

Last edited:
Reactions: vonuzu

vonuzu

Feb 10, 2011
Strumica, Macedonia
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Yes there is, open your eyes and use your brain!

ROMS
Flashable through SP FlashTools/Recovery

All Official ST/DEV/ROW Roms + OTA

There's even a mirror link! That's your problem you don't read!

Here's the direct link for you, lazy, lazy: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Cvj7/3U5rjvc6s/ST/
Sorry man, didn't look there. Anyway I wasn't being rude, I totally appreciate what you are doing here, so no need for such harsh response.

Thanks for the link.

Sent from my K3 Note using Tapatalk

Last edited:

viitwiinfoto

Aug 1, 2015
I'm trying to flash limoncello onto my phone but it's not loading. I only get to the lenovo boot up screen. I previously had cyanogen flashed on my phone but after realizing all the bugs in it I found out about other custom roms.

Is there something I need to do to flash it with a new rom for it to work?

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
I'm trying to flash limoncello onto my phone but it's not loading. I only get to the lenovo boot up screen. I previously had cyanogen flashed on my phone but after realizing all the bugs in it I found out about other custom roms.

Is there something I need to do to flash it with a new rom for it to work?

It takes a while to boot first time, leave it ten minutes. Also there seems to be no logo on limochello rom, all you see is the initial lenovo logo.

BerndGraef

Aug 1, 2015
H E L P !!!!!!!!!

Hi, sorry for my bad english but...

I've a huge problem with my Lenovo K3. firt I'd installed the LENOVO_K3_LOLLIPOP_5.1_1529-DEV_ROW_v1.7_CUOCO92. Everything was ok but with OTA there came an update from Lenovo "VIBEUI_V2.8_1531_7.146.1_DEV_K50-T5" which I'd installed too. Now there is no playstore etc.
I tried to use the bootloader for installing the old version from CUOCO92 but thers is no chance because I can't delete the official Lenovo Recovery Mode. Thers is no chance to install the recovery.img etc.

Can you please help me????? What must I do?

T H AN K S

fred2a

Sep 24, 2009
hi all,
what is the best rom with french support for my son ,
actually he is with this build : VIBEUI_V2.5_11520_5.827.1_ST_K50-T5

Regards

viitwiinfoto

Aug 1, 2015
Check the download is ok and the right size.

And before flashing, goto wipe/advanced wipe in your custom recovery and tick cache/dalvik/data/system and then wipe all those

Ah it worked after i wiped it and cleared everything. I can't believe I was careless and miss this step. Guess I was growing frustrated n impatient with previous bugs. Thanks for the help

hackerpower

Feb 4, 2013
Lisbon
Hi, sorry for my bad english but...

I've a huge problem with my Lenovo K3. firt I'd installed the LENOVO_K3_LOLLIPOP_5.1_1529-DEV_ROW_v1.7_CUOCO92. Everything was ok but with OTA there came an update from Lenovo "VIBEUI_V2.8_1531_7.146.1_DEV_K50-T5" which I'd installed too. Now there is no playstore etc.
I tried to use the bootloader for installing the old version from CUOCO92 but thers is no chance because I can't delete the official Lenovo Recovery Mode. Thers is no chance to install the recovery.img etc.

Can you please help me????? What must I do?

T H AN K S

The problem is that cuoco's rom has 2 OTA systems, and you used the official one and installed the 1531 dev version which is not rooted, doesn't have gapps nor multilanguage, only cn and en.
You should have used the custom OTA made by cuoco. How did you end up with stock recovery?

Sent from Hacker's K50-T5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any noticeable improvement in the OTA update of 296MB ? I cannot see changelog anywhere.
    I am also rooted , with CWM.. dont want to hassle with OTA after unrooting unless it is really worth.

If you want 300MB of games/bloatware the 117 OTA is great! I will post a debloated TWRP backup of the indian rom with 117 OTA later.
    If u want to root device lenovo will need universal adb method follow these step to root you k3 note device

1.connect phone to PC and don't forget to turn on USB debugging mode in developer's option

2.once everything is work fine open adb command pad and type "adb devices" if you got number then it fine if u don't got number type adb devices several time it will surely show you if drivers are properly installed

3.type "adb reboot bootloader" and your phone to boot loader

4.type "fastboot device" if number come up then it working fine if not then its not issue sometimes it don't show up

5.TYPE "fastboot flash recovery(space)"THEN DRAG AND RELEASE YOUR RECOVERY FILE IN COMMAND PAD DIRECTLY AND HIT ENTER.

6.TYPE "fastboot reboot"*AND BEFORE U HIT ENTER GRAB PHONE AND KEEP PRESSED BOTH VOLUME BUTTON AND THEN HIT ENTER UNTILL U DONT SEE RECOVERY MENU

Read 6th step carefully
    Download all files from this link

For more info visit
    http://www.needrom.com/download/stock-indian-version-rom/

Thanks

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using XDA

Don't forget to hit like if it helps ??☺
    hello, everyone. i've never rooted or flashed a phone before, so seeing all these things is quite overwhelming for me.

i have a couple of questions and it'd be great if someone can provide some enlightenment. :angel:

phone will come from china, so it's a given that it'll have bloatware, etc. how will i get rid of those? can i get it to its clean, default state? what should i do first rooting or flashing? what rom should i use (and how???)? help pls.
    Hey there,
    You will have to download the Fastboot software : Here
    After you have that, download a Recovery image : Here
    Once you have both of them, download the final file, the ROOT file itself : Here
    After you have downloaded the root zip, put it on your SD card.
    Now enable developer options on your phone, and check the ADB debugging box. (To enable developer options, open your About Phone and go to Device Information and tap on the Build number 7 times. Go back to the settings page and you should see Developer Options.)
    Run the .bat file on your laptop or computer. After that, it might install it on your PC.
    Plug in your phone through a USB cable to your computer/laptop that you have the tools on.
    Open the tool and type :
    Code:
    adb devices
    You should get a response with a code and "device" next to it, if you get it, continue, or else go back and redo the developer options step again till you get a accurate response.
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    This will switch off your device and there will be a black screen with "Fastboot mode" or something similar written in a small font on the bottom left of your screen. IF you have that continue typing in the codes in the terminal on your computer.
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    This should return the same code you got for the first code with "fastboot" next to it. Continue.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery <path to your recovery image that you downloaded previously.>
    Easiest way to insert the path is, type the code, and then drag the .img file to the cmd window. This will add the recovery image's address to the code and then press ENTER.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Before you press ENTER after typing in the code, make sure you are pressing down both the volume keys and then hit enter. This will reboot you into TWRP recovery.
    Now press Install and go to the zip file you put on your SD card and select it and flash it. Once you have done this, you have successfully rooted your phone.
    Now reboot system and once the phone is booted up, you will see SuperSU icon somewhere between all your other apps. Now go to Google Play store and search for "System app uninstaller". Install the app of your choice and open that app. There you will be prompted to give the app Root permissions, go ahead and you can uninstall all the bloatware and the unnecessary apps you don't want. That's all you have to do!
    Cheers and have fun! :D

Hi everybody, got one problem with my K3. A couple of weeks after I had received my phone, the touchscreen started pressing a point on the screen by itself. This started occurring more frequently, so I contacted the retailer (gearbest) and they offered to give me a refund, if I were to ship it back to them. So I went on and sent it per mail (from Finland) only to find that per some (bs) IATA regulations Li-Ion batteries can't be shipped on an aircraft, so the phone was returned to me. Asked gearbest if they would refund me if I returned the phone without the battery, but they didn't agree to this, and therefore I got to keep the device and got a 20% refund.

I have tried to flash new ROMs, and done reboots, hard reboots but nothing has solved the problem. The problem itself occurs randomly, without any prior indication and disappears (at least on most occasions) by locking the screen and turning it on again.

So does anybody know if this can be fixed by some software, or is it a hardware problem, and if a hw related problem, can it be solved by changing the digitizer for example?

I hope someone out there has some solution to this, cause I quite enjoyed the phone prior to this problem.

Most probably the digitizer issue. Had a similar problem on my Micromax Canvas 2 Colours. Tried all the ROMs available and all the attempts to fix the screen went in vain. It should be resolved by replacing the Digitizer, but I'm not sure, I sold my old phone and got the K3 note. Anyway, hope you can get it fixed.
    Cheers!
    anyone have a working 64gb sd card in their K3 and if so which rom you using

Yes, ROW but you need to format it correctly with, for example, Mini Partition Wizard to FAT. Regular Windows programs will not work.
    Recently I rooted my lenevo k50a40 using fastbootboot and installed cwm,I didn't wanted to flash a rom right away so I was waiting, meanwhile this update came(pic) and I downloaded it 2 times but it didn't install.
    when it completes download it shuts off starts in recovery( the vertical Android chest open animation ) and then stays for less then second and reboots .doesn't even complete the update ,and when the phone starts I get a update failed in notification bar.
    Can I flash this ota using my cwm recovery if so does anyone knows where the update package is or give me a link so I can download and update using zip cwm,any help will be appreciated thanks.

You cant update with custom recovery and with root. You need to unroot and then flash the lenovo stock recovery in the index thread. Guess you are on the ROW version.. Unroot your phone and flash stock recovery from fastboot then you can update via OTA. Everything is available on the index thread.
    Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Thank you very much for the reply. Where can I get TWRP recovery?

Check the index thread.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

I rooted my K3 using Kingroot V4.5.0.722 and everything was fine but I then replaced it with SuperSU and that worked. Once everything was done with SuperSU it said to reboot and the reboot has me on the boot loader or 2hours so I removed the battery and tried to leave it off then reboot and it didn't work. I tried to factory reset using the factory mode and even that didn't work. Please help.

SO you're on a custom recovery i guess.. Try flashing any other ROM using TWRP/CWM recovery. Check the index thread. Everything is available. Or if you want the ROW ROM specifically you can flash it using SP flashtool. Next time if you want to root just flash the supersu.zip using custom recovery. No need to install through Kingroot or something.